• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Radio gear

foxy

Hi all hope your all well sorry if this is in the wrong place I’ve got a hobao hyper st had it a couple off years now and I’m wanting to upgrade my radio gear transmitter and receiver from the standard equipment was just after some advice for what would be a good upgrade cheers 

I would recommend a variety of radios, depending on budget....and how many seperate vehicles you might end up owning to use with the same transmitter.

'Budget' brands like Dumbo RC, or FlySky work well, and don;t cost a lot of money. Receivers are cheap, so its easy to have multiple models bound to the one transmitter.

Higher quality radio kit from...say Sanwa or Futaba...has better response and feels nicer in the hand. Plus you usually get more things to tune the setup, and that might be something you enjoy.

Like I say, depends what you want and what you want to spend

• Thanks 1

On 04/02/2023 at 22:54, Nitroholic said:

I would recommend a variety of radios, depending on budget....and how many seperate vehicles you might end up owning to use with the same transmitter.

'Budget' brands like Dumbo RC, or FlySky work well, and don;t cost a lot of money. Receivers are cheap, so its easy to have multiple models bound to the one transmitter.

Higher quality radio kit from...say Sanwa or Futaba...has better response and feels nicer in the hand. Plus you usually get more things to tune the setup, and that might be something you enjoy.

Like I say, depends what you want and what you want to spend

I’ve got £100 to spend I no that’s not a lot but just want something better than I have also do all 2.4ghz have fail safe built in many thanks 😊 

fail safe is going to come with all the radio sets these days. No reason not to include it.

I'd look at something like the Futaba 3PV .... It's £121 , but when you look at hte specs, you get a lot of features and spec. The flip side is receivers are nearly £40 each, so if you plan on building a collection with a lot of cars....you will eaither need to keep swapping the receiver around, or bite the bullet to buy more.

• Thanks 1

DumboRC is crazy cheap for a great TX and RX combo. Comes with a built in gyro too - £39.99 - Amazon

Futaba T3PV. I have one. My only annoyance is it feels small in my hands and the plastics feel quite cheap. But you get that with £600 Sanwa’s - £114 - AT Models - or im thinking of selling mine. 

Sanwa MX-6. Nice radio for the price - £85.49 - Modelsport

I would go with the Dumbo if general bashing.

Edited by totlxtc
  • Thanks 1