• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Newbie - Any offers of knowledge sharing, guidance & assistance appreciated!

KevD

Hi All

Brand new to RC cars (aside to a Tamiya Grasshopper as a kid, 35 years ago!), so looking for some guidance and advice for buying 'first' RC.

Initial interest in Traxxas brand as build quality seems to be good - Bandit, Big Foot, Rustler and Stampede in the mix until I can distinguish more understanding of each (others also considered ATM!)...

I will be a casual/ fun user (with my 12 year old son) so just reliving an itch from my youth and having fun., no desire or experience in the engineering and build, so low maintenance 'plug and play' models are the ideal solution here please.  I had originally budgeted around £200 but recognise (if new) I will probably be nearer double this! 😞

I am not yet clear on the various charger and battery types, so any advise / recommendations on these appreciated!   Is the difference charge and running time, or somewhat more complex than this?

If any users on here have some well maintained 2nd hand models they are looking to part with then interested in offers...

Thanks in advance!!!

Kev

Edited by KevD

• KevD changed the title to Newbie - Any offers of knowledge sharing, guidance & assistance appreciated!

Initially I will get one and see how 'addictive' it is 🙂

Good heads up though, makes sense to have same/compatible models if getting a 2nd one, also wasn't sure if everyone saw all posts, or just select chats.  No need to post anymore it seems!!!