• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Flysky GT3b lipo conversion

Lone-wolf

This is not a how to, its dead easy its a "Do i" question, i have all the bits i need, a pair of 1500mah 3S lipo`s that i dont use and JST connectors plus the soldering skill to do this

But the thing holding me back is say i go ahead, i will have charged up lipo`s not getting used if i dont get out, then when i want to nip out can bet i wont have the TX lipo charged, so not sure, maybe a better idea would be an 18650 3S 1P pack then it can be left charged and would give about 3000mah from full, but this means buying 3 18650`s

Do it.
My gens ace 3s 800mha gives me more than a days running time, as the mha is so low they dont really degrade over time ive found, remotes ive left on and 0v ed the cells its still come back to life, i run a s2 850mha overlander and a 3s as a backup. both come in about 9£ each
I also made a 2s 1200mha pack but thats used for winches and boats. Cost about 8£

Edited by Redback
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nitroholic said:

Yeah do it . I did it to mine.

Just install a low voltage buzzer, and be sure not to forget to turn the damn thing off when you pack everything away.

came down this morning to it beeping low battery had to recharge the 8 nimh cells

• Haha 1

I've done a few of mine, the GT3C has a little 700mah 1S, and a couple of other 4xAA RTR controllers have been fitted with 2S LiFe packs.  I also disconnect the JST plugs when I know I won't be using the next day, haven't had any issues yet with any of them.