• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How have I got this wrong ??

Suits

I managed to bend on of the front shock pistons in my V5 Arrma Notorious.

I checked the part number on the exploded view diagram from the Arrma website (AR330490) and got a pair of new ones.

Upon further inspection the OEM shock shaft appears to be a few mm longer than the new replacement part.

Not the end of the world, I will change both shafts now so that they match and look to adjust the drop so that they don't pull out but can anyone offer any explanation to what I have done wrong here ??

My guess is that maybe on one of the revisions they changed the shaft lengths but didn't update the exploded view part numbers ?!

14.thumb.jpg.e4416604ae4ecb8306b14acd56523357.jpg

15.thumb.jpg.c739475f1c42573f3d0a7a1a39e5c3f5.jpg

4 minutes ago, BigGinge said:

How does it compare to the length of the rear shock shafts? Might be possible for someone to have swapped front and rear when it was being out together?

Yeah, great point, I did consider that - although AR330481 are 73.5mm, which is quite a bit longer than the front 62.5mm.

I have a feeling it could have also just been the wrong part picked out of the bin, there is Typhon shaft that is 64.5mm (2mm bigger) which would fit the bill.

• Like 2

Arrma are pretty good at putting the wrong parts in the right bags, It's happened to me many times before 🙄

They did revise the shock shaft length on the K6 EXB, maybe the later trucks ( Noto, K6, etc ) all got that same revision.??

• Like 1