• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hello from South Coast Hants

B9PT80

Hi,

I decided on a total whim to buy myself an RC buggy as a project, second hand XTM X-Terminator 2, engine is shot (according to the listing) pipe and pull starter are missing but other wise the buggy is in good shape.  Seems ideal for an electric conversion, I bought it cheap enough to spend a little money on it, this is a 'toy' rather than anything more serious.  

I used to be into Tamiya RC cars 30+ years ago as a kid, things have moved on slightly... What was wrong with 540 motors and 1 type of battery?! lol

Has anyone done an electric conversion on this model?  Where do you even start with motor/esc/battery combinations?  Its a toy for bashing and having a little fun with, I really don't want to break the bank, nor do I need an RC buggy than can break the sound barrier, any advice on setups?

I only have the buggy as a complete chassis, so I need radio, motor, esc and batteries and anything else?  Probably more inclined towards doing an electric swap than rebuilding the engine and replacing parts.

Many thanks in advance.

B9PT80