• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Pick your brains

Barney.exe

Hi, great forum, I've lurked for a few weeks, but only made my account tonight. My first RC cars had a wire that connected the remote to the car.....yes, I'm that old!. As technology advanced the cable receded, vehicles were free to roam, controlled from afar (ish).  My first proper RC was a Panda "Danny Thompson Stadium Racer", nitro, got if from Christmas, think I was about 12yo, clueless (Should have got electric). Fast forward 30 years and I'm itching to get back into RC, nothing competitive, just messing about in the park. I'd like a  RTR, the Rival MT10 is v. appealing, but a bit pricey. Ideally I'd like 2 RC trucks that can bash about in the park,  & cope with cut grass - be nice for me and my son. Can't really afford 2 MT10's, so wondering what's on the market, upgradable, available parts, hardy and ideally under £200 each

Not my pic, but it brought back some memories 

img15829_09022015150851_3_1100_.jpg

Edited by Barney.exe

Welcome! Have you looked at Short Course trucks. You can pick up a used Traxxas Slash fairly cheap these days. There are other alternatives too, the Slash was the original popular choice. I've had mine years, handles lot's of abuse and parts are easy to get. Bit pricey new, but you might get lucky!

• Thanks 1