• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Faulty Hobbywing Max6? No beeps and no power to motor

azibux1

I got a used Max6 from someone who said it works, but I can't seem to make it work, was hoping you may be able to offer any advice please.

The wires to the power switch were cut/damaged in an accident. The switch is still present and the corresponding colour wires have been soldered back together to repair the damage. Previous owner just had them twisted instead of soldered but said it worked, but I'm doubtful, as see below.

When powering on, there's no beeps to detect the 2x 3S batteries and no power out to the motor. The fan spins up on the ESC. 

During startup, the LED on the ESC illuminates red for a couple of seconds before going out. This behaviour doesn't match any of the possibile startup colours/sequences for the LED detailed in the manual.

The batteries are at storage voltage.

Factory reset procedure by holding set button for 3 seconds did nothing. 

When connecting Hobbywing program card, it just shows 3 dashes (---) 

Tried to troubleshoot with my mates X-Maxx and borrowing his receiver and motor - same outcome. My motor works fine in his truck, so I know it isn't my motor. Seems to be faulty but just wondering if anyone had any advice.

Any thoughts are much appreciated

Edited by azibux1

29 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Have you tried to calibrate it? Did it enter calibration mode?

Tried to enter calibration mode by holding set button while powering it on and continuing to hold until there's periodic beeps, but no beeps from the system at all, so it seems it doesn't actually go in calibration mode

And your servo works? Are you using a Traxxas receiver? Are you definitely in channel two? I appreciate that shouldn’t  make a difference, as Im sure youd get beeps regardless.

Id speak to the seller, he may have just powered it on, saw the fan worked and presumed it was ok.

Guessing it was very cheap?

7 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

And your servo works? Are you using a Traxxas receiver? Are you definitely in channel two? I appreciate that shouldn’t  make a difference, as Im sure youd get beeps regardless.

Id speak to the seller, he may have just powered it on, saw the fan worked and presumed it was ok.

Guessing it was very cheap?

Servo works fine and yup Traxxas receiver - tried my mates Abisma receiver too

Definitely CH2 in the Traxxas

Yeah it was £50 which I thought was a steal just for some broken switch wires twisted together, thought I'd solder them up, change battery connectors to suit my setup and have a bargain Max6 but turns out not to have been the case!

• Like 1