• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Just starting out..

bobcatmax

Hi, 

I bought my kids an Amazon crawler (maisto 3xl) to keep them quiet a while back and ended getting a fair amount of enjoyment out of it myself. 

My birthday is just round the corner so with a limited budget (around 100, but I'd prefer to spend less) I've been looking around FB market place. 2 have caught my eye.. 

Maverick scout with an upgraded battery for 80 quid or a Redcat Rock slide for 50. I've spent the last week or two scouring the internet for info about them both. 

I can't make up my mind. The rockslide appears to have more features (tho I know you can upgrade the scout to 4 wheel steering) but it's older and less common in the UK (this one is actually an HBX clone). 

The maverick is newer and has better options to upgrade however it's a few quid more.. 

I think my head is saying maverick. Or should I wait and see what comes up in the FS boards here? 

Thanks for your input and advice

Well, the scout looks good. Upgraded servo on the front, upgraded battery. The only downside was a few bumps and scrapes on the rear axle housing and no charger. 

The shell is still in its plastic protective cover. 

I think I'll be popping over at the weekend to collect. 

Now any pointers on a decent budget balance charger... Doesn't need to be new!