• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Pearlescent Paint

Ag100

Does anyone have any recommendations for Pearlescent paint, I'm looking to do a single colour in White on a Lexan shell, but want a Pearl look, any recommendations on Paint (Core, Tamiya etc) and any techniques?

26 minutes ago, AndyMB said:

There is a Tamiya Pearl Clear PS-58 which you can use first (on lexan shells). It gives a nice pearly flake to the final paint. 

Thanks @AndyMB , I had seen this, I was thinking of using that, then pearl white, then white to back, just curious if the Tamiya paint was the best option?

(will just be aerosol not airbrush)

This is a bad pic but shows the metalflake effect. This was PS-58 backed with normal PS-6 yellow. I only use Tamiya paint, I think it's the best but it's just my opinion really. 

This was two light coats of PS-58, I think a couple more would be better. One can would do a 1/10th shell easy.

Unknown.jpeg

2 minutes ago, AndyMB said:

This is a bad pic but shows the metalflake effect. This was PS-58 backed with normal PS-6 yellow. I only use Tamiya paint, I think it's the best but it's just my opinion really. 

This was two light coats of PS-58, I think a couple more would be better. One can would do a 1/10th shell easy.

Unknown.jpeg

Thank you, that’s great 

2 hours ago, rccar4life said:

i will recommend this

1 very thin layer silver glitter , you must have the can about 50cm from your car.   20inces atleast

then 2 thin layers white pearl about  12inches 30cm with can from your body

then the color you want spray it 3 thin layers 12inches away with spray can

back it up whit 2 layers silver pearl 8 inches away from your body

Result =  Amazing  candy pearl your choice of color glitter body

Thank you👍

• Like 1