• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wanted - Used electric RC for newbie (e.g. FTX Vantage, Carnage, etc.)

Mika98

Hi all,

Looking to purchase a used electric RC car (decent aesthetic and mechanical condition) for my son.

(I am considering purchasing a new FTX Vantage as they don't seem to expensive. However, knowing he can sometimes get bored at times and also being a beginner, I'd rather purchase a used example to begin with)

Has to be fully ready to run, reliable/well made and something which will run close to 30 mins. So I guess one with a Lipo type battery will be required.

My sons requirements, "it has to be fast* and can handle jumps". So make that the occasional dodgy landing (on grass). Although I'm sure he'll try to avoid doing so and no building of ramps!

Fast is a relative term and being a beginner, I think something which has the stock speed of for example a FTX Vantage will suffice.

I'm based in Coventry. Car is required for next weekend as a surprise gift. Happy to cover delivery costs or collect if within 30-60min drive.

Welcome to the forum 🙂

I have a brushed version of the original  FTX Vantage available. It isn't the fastest thing out the box, but you could also upgrade to an brushless electronic package at a later date.  

The vehicle is in very good condition and good working order, although the steering is sluggish and would benefit a servo upgrade. You would also need to supply a battery, but i can show it you running off mine.

Looking for £60 - Happy to get you photos if you are interested. :good: 

Hi, I have a brushless Traxxas Rustler 2wd with plenty of upgrades on it. I'd be looking for £100 including 1 lipo battery (need your own charger). I'm near Coventry so can drop off or collect, currently the car is pretty grubby so I'd need a few days to service it. As 53HRA says let me know if you want some pictures.

Thanks both. Will keep both options in mind and get back to you as soon as possible.

I've watched a few videos of the FTX Vantage and Traxxas Rustler. Judging by the speed, I think it may be better suited for my daughter (few yrs older and has also taken interest in RCs as potential new hobby!).

I'll send you guys a message if I need any further info/if possible to meet up 🙂