• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ESC Issue?

LunsfordRich

Not sure if this is an issue or not but my Vortek doesn’t seem to like Zee 5200mah (80c) lipos. I get probably no more than 5 minutes of running on one. I’ve run them in the old man’s Big Rock and they last between 15-20 minutes with his heavy trigger finger. I stick spektrum lipos in the Vortek and I get a similar 15-20 min run time. Anyone else had this issue before?

1 minute ago, Kpowell911 said:

What cell voltages are you getting after the  5 mins?

Couldn’t tell you to be honest. I’ve checked the battery’s at home on the charger, nothings standing out. Balance charged, and storage charged after use. Spektrum lipos no bother a little curious to say the least.

10 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Is it possible the battery wasnt properly charged ?

Properly charged on every occasion. It’s curious that they appear to work fine on the Big Rock. I’d put it down to being a drag issue if it wasn’t for the spektrum batteries working fine.

32 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Is the lvc set maually or does it auto detect the number of cells ?

I’ve been looking into that, it would appear you can’t manually set the LVC (at least the manual doesn’t reveal that) I did wonder if it’s an lvc issue.

Only thing i can suggest is to check the voltage of the charged zee,s and the other batteries charged and see if zee are higher 

Does seem a strange 1 tho mate 

On 19/04/2022 at 11:18, rccar4life said:

do you have spectrum esc ?

buy spectrum programmer box

change the lipo cut of to the lowest voltage,  not  0,  just the lowest one

It is a spektrum ESC. I’ll look at getting a box. What throws me though is it doesn’t seem to have an issue with the spektrum lipos. I’ve just got some gens ace ones so I’ll see how they get on.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2022 at 22:57, Stormbringer said:

Only thing i can suggest is to check the voltage of the charged zee,s and the other batteries charged and see if zee are higher 

Does seem a strange 1 tho mate 

Yeah it is strange. I’ll have a charging session in a bit and compare all the lipos and see. The only other thing I thought is the capacity is lower than stated. I suspect I’ll get a lower run time due to the Vortek maybe being more draggy compared to the big rock. Add to that a lower capacity and I’ll get less bang for my buck so to speak. I’m going to tweak the shocks etc as the drivetrain is running sweet as far as I can see. If the shocks aren’t behaving and the chassis slapping the ground that’s not going to help.

12 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Does your truck do same with other batteries or is it just the zeee,s?

Zees seem fine in the truck, which is what made me think lvc settings on Vortek, however no issues with the spektrum lipos. I’ve got some Gens Ace lipos now as well so we’ll see how they all compare.