• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

issues with i max b6

datboi

so i have a imax b6. i seem to have an issue with it. the voltage is calibrated properly.

at rest it gives the right voltage. so for example 1.5v. when i begin charging or discharging a battery, if i check the voltage shown on the display, and the one shown by a multimeter, it is now off by quite a bit (like 0.15mv)

i think this is a original version, at least that's what it was sold to me as.

can someone with this charger verify for me please? check if with no load on the battery the voltage displayed is correct, then apply charge/discharge and check again.

mind you, i checked everything that could cause this error. connection is good and clean, tried with different batteries and different battery technology (ni-mh li-ion etc)

is my charger faulty or do others experience this issue? it seems that the bigger the charge/discharge rate, the more inaccurate it gets,

it also seems to have a hard time detecting end voltage for ni-mh. i set the detection to 5mv 7mv 10mv 15mv and 20mv, but it seems to make no difference. it sometimes overcharges batteries even tho they might be in good condition (so low internal resistance etc)

i'm also wondering, are there good alternatives? i really like the functions on this charger. the fact that i can charge all battery technology's and that user can tweak everything like voltage, cap limit, time limit etc.

If I'm reading reading this correct say for example a battery is 10v on a multi meter when you start charging the display says 11.5v, if so my turning charger does the same I think it's the volts it's putting in to charge. 

On 07/04/2022 at 19:56, Glenn75 said:

If I'm reading reading this correct say for example a battery is 10v on a multi meter when you start charging the display says 11.5v, if so my turning charger does the same I think it's the volts it's putting in to charge. 

no.

battery hooked up to charger> b6 shows 3v. multimeter 3v.  charging/discharging starts. multimeter (which is accurate) shows a different reading than the b6. 0.15/0.20 of difference sometimes

I've got a b6 charger (clone) and the values are off compared to my multi meter, but I've also got 3 lipo checkers and those also read different voltages to one another.

There are some videos on YouTube on how to calibrate the charger I've never bothered with the b6  but my other chargers I calibrate to my multi meter. What batteries are you charging (lipo's)

Edited by Glenn75

4 hours ago, Glenn75 said:

I've got a b6 charger (clone) and the values are off compared to my multi meter, but I've also got 3 lipo checkers and those also read different voltages to one another.

There are some videos on YouTube on how to calibrate the charger I've never bothered with the b6  but my other chargers I calibrate to my multi meter. What batteries are you charging (lipo's)

well the thing is, i think i might have the clone, and calibrating it literally does nothing. does calibration on yours actually work?

i'm charging nimh, lipo's and PB occasionaly