• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Brushless upgrade to plasma edge 2 ??

dp400

Hi all,

im nearly finished building my first ever car - a plasma edge and have very much enjoyed the build. However as a newbie looking at YouTube videos it seems that upgrading to brushless is what everyone does eventually. That being the case can you guys recommend a cost effective option to upgrade my plasma to brushless. 
I’ve got a couple of 2s lipos and I believe the ESC that with the kit can handle brushless.

im also considering buying a blitzer beetle to build next and would like to ask the same question about upgrading to brushless on that model too.

Any help and advise you guys can give to a newbie will be much appreciated.

Many thanks 

Edited by dp400

It's basically a tt02 so before you got brushless I'll suggest upgrade the bearings either plastic sleeve or metal ball bearings upgrade the driveline with yeah racing stuff 

Center shaft

Central shaft end caps

Bearings

Between these 3 should help with parts twisting and help run smoother if you want to go deeper I'll say make suspension uprights and drive line aluminium will be lighter stronger and last longer but that's up to you the 3 I linked aren't a urgent or a must but will help 

Many thanks, the bearings, central shaft and end cap hop ups were all done during the build  so if I do go brushless I’m hoping the car will cope.

Can you guys recommend a brushless motor and ESC that will give a reasonable increase in speed without breaking the bank?