• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

STS blues

Schumach3r

Got a .28 sts in my savvy after all the parts finally came but every time i stop it after running it, it always seizes up. I pull the starter to get the piston to the bottom so the liner doesn't cool around it and it gets stuck.

Its starting to annoy me as everytime this happens it means i have to take the back end off and take the engine out.

Thing is, its not even that tight, as soon as its free'd up its fine until the engine gets hot again.

Sounds like its pinching....

Try heating the engine up with a hairdrier before starting :)

the liners are know to be very tight....

Ziggy

It is just one of those things with new engines but you shouldn't have to take the engine out every time. just get your fingers in and try and turn the flywheel or a flat bladed screwdriver on the flywheel

With tight engines when they get stuck at tdc i just take out the glow plug and i have a thin piece of hard plastic,all i do is put a bit of turning pressure on the fly wheel and gently tap on top of the piston with the hard plastic and the piston gets freed.

marty :good:

Its seized a good 3 times in the past few days, but now its getting better and seems to have free'd up.

I think its ebcause i've run it in on 16% and its not wearing as much as it would with 20 or 25% plus i'm going easy on this engine after i killed the last so its has a good 3 tanks at idle and then a couple driving about but never going about about 5-10 mph