• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Granite stops driving after 5 seconds of driving.

YOUR_DJ

My Arrma Granite BLX stops driving after a few seconds, I am even driving slowly. I am 15 so I don't know what to do, I am worried about taking it apart without knowing what is going on. I don't want to have to spend $100 to buy another ESC. By the way the truck is years old, and the batteries are brand new with an new lipo battery charger, I asked my uncle what could be wrong with it and he says that he doesn't know. I also have been driving the truck rear wheel drive, because I broke the front differentials racing against a Senton, the front diffs are out and not causing a problem. The truck has had problems before, I also have a new brushless motor, and a new servo. The truck just one day stopped driving for more than a few seconds, and has been in storage for months now and I am trying to get it back on the road, at least two wheel drive. I hope this is enough to help you guys get the truck back on the road.

Edited by YOUR_DJ

They are both lipo, but I found out that my truck is picky about the batteries it is using, the battery it won't work with is a Hoovo 11.1v 80c 5200mAh lipo, I found it on amazon.

I don't know what brand the other battery is, the branding plastic is gone.

Just now, YOUR_DJ said:

The other battery is covered in blue electrical tape, I put the tape on because the plastic with all of the info had come off, my uncle had been a little hard on it.

Yeah but there are many many different lipo chargers…what’s right for one is not always right for another.

Maybe your new lipo wasn’t bad, maybe it just wasn’t charged for instance. How did you figure out it was bad?

7 hours ago, Ross9999992 said:

Yeah but there are many many different lipo chargers…what’s right for one is not always right for another.

Maybe your new lipo wasn’t bad, maybe it just wasn’t charged for instance. How did you figure out it was bad?

I am using a 1-4S LiPo/LiFe balance charger, on three amps. But I have just charged the battery which I thought was bad, and now it is running fine in the truck. I guess that I didn't charge the battery enough. It seems to be working fine now.

Just now, YOUR_DJ said:

I am using a 1-4S LiPo/LiFe balance charger, on three amps. But I have just charged the battery which I thought was bad, and now it is running fine in the truck. I guess that I didn't charge the battery enough. It seems to be working fine now.

The charger brand is Enegitech

2 hours ago, YOUR_DJ said:

But I have just charged the battery which I thought was bad, and now it is running fine in the truck. I guess that I didn't charge the battery enough

Good stuff 😄

If it is this here charger then eww but it will do job….your new battery would take somewhere between say 100 and 120 minutes to charge at 3 amps (it is a 5.2 amp battery) once it has been used (down to 3.5v/cell or so). You could consider a charger upgrade but I understand at 15 money may be a problem…I’m old(ish) and money still is a problem 😂

I’m unsure how much you know about lipo care but you could consider getting some kind of “lipo checker” if you don’t have one so you can check the voltages of each cell. You also shouldn’t store lipos charged up just as a little fyi. If you haven’t I would definitely recommend reading at least the lipo guide available on here and maybe even do some googling on lipo care…they are great but should be looked after 👍🏻

On 11/01/2022 at 21:18, Ross9999992 said:

Good stuff 😄

If it is this here charger then eww but it will do job….your new battery would take somewhere between say 100 and 120 minutes to charge at 3 amps (it is a 5.2 amp battery) once it has been used (down to 3.5v/cell or so). You could consider a charger upgrade but I understand at 15 money may be a problem…I’m old(ish) and money still is a problem 😂

I’m unsure how much you know about lipo care but you could consider getting some kind of “lipo checker” if you don’t have one so you can check the voltages of each cell. You also shouldn’t store lipos charged up just as a little fyi. If you haven’t I would definitely recommend reading at least the lipo guide available on here and maybe even do some googling on lipo care…they are great but should be looked after 👍🏻

Thank you for the advice. 

Well, I am American, so I use dollars. I just prefer the british because they just get to the point faster than us americans. If that offends anyone I am sorry, but it is true.

I will definitely buy one of those.  Thank you.

• Like 1