• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bought a trailer what do I need to connect it to the crawler?

sp0oner73

Thanks for the replies. 

I'm looking at the connection on the trailer:

image.png.d422d407adb08889f873272a11ba160c.png

I've messaged the seller on aliexpress to see if they can say what the part is for the truck to hook this onto as I want it looking good and not tape lol.

It looks like you could drill through the bumper and attach it via a small pin but surely when they make these trailers they must also have a part in mind that will work to attach it to the truck you are buying it for!

For scale looks that tow bar thing I linked would probably be just the ticket I reckon. 

That what’s currently on the trailer is just a rod end. You could just unscrew that and screw on the “cup” part of what I linked. The ball end would then need attaching to the bumper with the 4 bolts 👍🏻

Edited by Ross9999992

On 15/11/2021 at 18:52, Stormbringer said:

The 1 i linked to is what i use on my trailer which is same attachment as yours

Thanks how does it work with the trailer end?

On 15/11/2021 at 02:00, Ross9999992 said:

For scale looks that tow bar thing I linked would probably be just the ticket I reckon. 

That what’s currently on the trailer is just a rod end. You could just unscrew that and screw on the “cup” part of what I linked. The ball end would then need attaching to the bumper with the 4 bolts 👍🏻

Thanks  I do like the look of that one just wondering how it screws on where the current rod end is.

As you can tell i'm not clued up on any mods and inventiveness on how to get things to work!

47 minutes ago, sp0oner73 said:

As you can tell i'm not clued up on any mods and inventiveness on how to get things to work!

😂😂

That looks like the head of a cap head bolt to me…probably a 2mm Allen key or 2.5mm. The “cup” seems to have a similar hole 👍🏻

The one storm linked I didn’t realise was the other 1:1 style “pin through the hole” style (I just thought it was chains). Looks to me like it’s mounted 90 degrees anti-clockwise from the picture and so the clip goes at the bottom…remove the clip, pull the pin, insert trailer, replace pin, replace clip 🙂 

1603433A-5438-48BD-8723-7AC55772319C.jpeg

On 17/11/2021 at 00:49, Ross9999992 said:

😂😂

That looks like the head of a cap head bolt to me…probably a 2mm Allen key or 2.5mm. The “cup” seems to have a similar hole 👍🏻

The one storm linked I didn’t realise was the other 1:1 style “pin through the hole” style (I just thought it was chains). Looks to me like it’s mounted 90 degrees anti-clockwise from the picture and so the clip goes at the bottom…remove the clip, pull the pin, insert trailer, replace pin, replace clip 🙂 

1603433A-5438-48BD-8723-7AC55772319C.jpeg

On 17/11/2021 at 00:49, Ross9999992 said:

That kinda angle

DB9A3DC0-DA20-4EEA-AF6B-6892DB1F0BD1.jpeg

18 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Yep thats it mate 

The black bit screws to the truck bumper:good:

Nice one guys thanks for confirming so that pin should be small enough to go through the hole on the trailer. I'll get that ordered. This is for my Son at christmas as he has been on about a trailer ever since he got his truck so just want to make sure I can have it up and running with no further parts needed 👍😎