• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi lasernut

Shawnr1

Hi

Sorry, but the others have given you all of the right advice!

Just had to say, the Lasernut is my favourite rc car ever and if Losi make a V2 with a tougher drivetrain, I’d buy one just to look at.

I hope you get it sorted and Losi make my dreams come true one day, haha.

Cheers

Steve

Jees, Been ages since I was last here.

How long dose in run from a full charge before going into what sounds like LVC.

I ask because I would assume the Spectrum is based on the Hobbywing 

WP-SC8                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Or the Max10

spacer.png spacer.png

Which I think are still the same ESC in different clothing, But the SC8 had a problem with the LVC being well off when set to auto detection, As in a 4s it would shut down when the pack was only at about half depletion, Not had mine for a while but off the top of my head I think I had to set it at 2.8v/cell to get full use from the pack and it would slow at about 3.0v.

The firmware may have been sorted since I had mine, But you could run it at 2.8v, See if it runs longer and then just stop and keep checking the voltage, Get one of  These if you don't already.

spacer.png

57 minutes ago, Shawnr1 said:

It only runs about 1 minute than restart it and runs full power and shutdown. Steering still works but no throttle 

Is it getting hot?

4 hours ago, Shawnr1 said:

It only runs about 1 minute than restart it and runs full power and shutdown. Steering still works but no throttle 

You need one of them cell checkers if your charger doesn't have a cell display, It's possible one of the 4 cells is duff.  

Hi

If you have a Spektrum Smart battery and the original radio, the battery state should be shown on the handset?

It could be a faulty temperature sensor or broken fan in the esc, what lights does the esc flash when the problem occurs?

Sorry if you’ve already checked these!

Cheers

Steve