• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What’s up with Facebook and co?

Ant.p

So WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook all appear to be down at the moment. Anyone have info on what’s happened or when it’s likely to be back? In some ways I like it, but it’s nice to have them when needed.

The bigger they are the harder they fall! You say ‘again’? I don’t remember this happening before. I only noticed this time as had been using WhatsApp for work today until it wouldn’t let me all of a sudden. Hopefully they’ll get it going by morning.

Just now, Ant.p said:

The bigger they are the harder they fall! You say ‘again’? I don’t remember this happening before. I only noticed this time as had been using WhatsApp for work today until it wouldn’t let me all of a sudden. Hopefully they’ll get it going by morning.

When a company gets hacked they always blame something else.  But as company's work with  the top hackers  things normally get sorted quick.  Or if it goes really bad  china or Russia will get the blame.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, turok007 said:

Hacked again  But don't worry you info is safe.  Well  it is safe with the company's they have sold it to

Being hacked is what I assumed, but was only a guess.

what’s been sold? Surely no one has pockets deep enough to buy Facebook?!

1 minute ago, Ant.p said:

Being hacked is what I assumed, but was only a guess.

what’s been sold? Surely no one has pockets deep enough to buy Facebook?!

If a site is free  then your info is normally sold.  When i joined amazon  i started to get spam emails.  no wonder they are so rich  lol

In the early days of the internet you could buy CD's full of peoples info.  but as governments and web sites know so much about us now  nothing is personal or safe

1 minute ago, turok007 said:

If a site is free  then your info is normally sold.  When i joined amazon  i started to get spam emails.  no wonder they are so rich  lol

Oh, I see! Hadn’t considered personal info would be passed on for profit. I knew hackers could potentially steal it. 
Wasn’t sure how to explain it, but will blame Amazon for all the dodgy spam mail I get from now on 😅

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Oh, I see! Hadn’t considered personal info would be passed on for profit. I knew hackers could potentially steal it. 
Wasn’t sure how to explain it, but will blame Amazon for all the dodgy spam mail I get from now on 😅

Are you joking  personal info is the reason stuff is free.   All them apps you use  are getting something from everyone.

as for me blaming Amazon  i wasn't getting any spam.  then less than half a hour of joining amazon i start getting spam.

I remember when hackers wanted to ruin your PC  but now  money can be made from info  so it's hard to tell nowadays if you have been hacked. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, turok007 said:

Are you joking  personal info is the reason stuff is free.   All them apps you use  are getting something from everyone.

as for me blaming Amazon  i wasn't getting any spam.  then less than half a hour of joining amazon i start getting spam.

I remember when hackers wanted to ruin your PC  but now  money can be made from info  so it's hard to tell nowadays if you have been hacked. 

Have to say I’m a little shocked to hear this. They all seem to claim that your info is safe and won’t be used. Am I a mug for believing this?

I actually didn’t get all that much spam till I started my business website which has an email address/contact page.

Perhaps I’ve been lucky, but so far I’ve not been a victim of hacking etc that I’m aware of. Hope it stays that way!

40 minutes ago, Nick said:

Ooooh tell me more about selling data I have a fair amount stored up here. :lol:

(I'm joking!! 😛)

Think you’re too late to the party. Sounds as though the details have all been sold previously!

3 hours ago, Ant.p said:

Have to say I’m a little shocked to hear this. They all seem to claim that your info is safe and won’t be used. Am I a mug for believing this?

I actually didn’t get all that much spam till I started my business website which has an email address/contact page.

Perhaps I’ve been lucky, but so far I’ve not been a victim of hacking etc that I’m aware of. Hope it stays that way!

They claim it's safe  as they pass it on to real businesses  so you will see adverts aimed at things you look at or talk about (yes your phone spies on you)  it's more aimed at selling you stuff.  but if someone bad gets hold of the info  you start getting dodgy emails or phone calls.  I get a lot of rubbish calls on my home phone  lucky i don't really use it  so don't answer it most of the time  but if i fancy some fun i will    a lot of calls are about  my zanussi washing machine warranty running out  so i say i don't own that make  mine is sony lol   so they say ok we will take you off our list.  few days later i get calls about my sony.  

i don't like the fact  that when im searching for a item  i get things shown to me from the company's that have paid google the most to be top of the list.  even though they are not the thing im looking for.  that's on my PC  if im on my phone it's even worse   Normally all i get is Currys ads  even if im searching argos items.

• Like 1