• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Storage charge small lipo's after use? (Axial SXC24 etc)

Quick

Hi,

First post so hello.

Fairly new to RC so please forgive the questions.

When using smaller lipos for smaller RC cars like the Axial scx24, is there any need to storage charge them after use?

Assuming the answer to that is yes, does the charger that comes with the Axial SCX24 offer that function?

http://www.axialracing.com/t/vehicles/scx24

Similar question for the Associated 28 scale range. Does the USB charger they come with allow you to storage charge? Or is it not a concern?

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Quick said:

Hi,

First post so hello.

Fairly new to RC so please forgive the questions.

When using smaller lipos for smaller RC cars like the Axial scx24, is there any need to storage charge them after use?

Assuming the answer to that is yes, does the charger that comes with the Axial SCX24 offer that function?

http://www.axialracing.com/t/vehicles/scx24

Similar question for the Associated 28 scale range. Does the USB charger they come with allow you to storage charge? Or is it not a concern?

Thanks.

i normally just give it a quick charge  up to around the storage level.  after using your USB charger for a while you will work out how long to charge it for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

what size lipos are they OP 1s or 2s?

i do the same as turok with my mini drone lipos (1 and 2s 450mah ) use a charge board too so you can do a few at a time etc 

bear in mind some usb ports are 3v or 5v so can get the time down a little 👍

Edited by Bajadre
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bajadre said:

what size lipos are they OP 1s or 2s?

i do the same as turok with my mini drone lipos (1 and 2s 450mah ) use a charge board too so you can do a few at a time etc 

bear in mind some usb ports are 3v or 5v so can get the time down a little 👍

Thanks for the replies.

The batteries for the Axial are 350mah 2S.

For the Associated, it’s an integrated battery which I think is a 1S Lipo but not sure of mah rating. You charge it thorough the controller / transmitter or through an optional USB cable.

OK so the consensus is… don’t leave them flat. Just charge them 50% of usual time and store?