• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma Scale Adventure SCA-1E Owners Thread

stretch

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all, after using my coyote 2.1 for a while now the shock absorbers have started sticking,ie, not returning to full height giving the truck a lean. Was thinking about rebuilding the shocks over winter and replacing the oil with 45wt instead of the standard 35wt, but looking at previous posts about shocks have seen green slime mentioned, so what is it, where does it go, and do i need some ?, or would i be better off replacing the shocks with some upgrade ones

Cheers, Ian

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

Yep, you got it

This is the kind of colour i plan for the coyote build this is a chap on facebooks car

coyote.JPG

Excellent colour, looking forwards to the build thread, Mine has the matt grey finish that gets scratched off, so going to paint the inner shell brown to hopefully give a patina look

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. Just got myself a Coyote 2.1 and got it out for a runaround yesterday with my son, he used my FTX Outback Mini X Cub.

Hopefully be joining into more of the RC fun within this topic.

Apologies for the link, struggling with imbedding images and any time I’m uploading the file directly it’s upside down

Coyote in the woods

(let me know if the link isn’t working)

Anyone any suggestions on how to correct wheel alignment of the front wheels, not steering alignment, but the wheels themselves sit sort of pointing outwards. I moved the steering arm to the more inner mounting hole on the knuckle, but still seems to sit a bit off. Runs ok and straight though. 

• Like 2

Hi @Bodhi1977, i'wouldn"t worry about the steering, i moved mine to the inner hole and the wheels still toe out a bit, but does not affect anything, just use it and enjoy it 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wombat said:

Hi @Bodhi1977, i'wouldn"t worry about the steering, i moved mine to the inner hole and the wheels still toe out a bit, but does not affect anything, just use it and enjoy it 😃

Cheers Wombat, was concerned that there was something wrong with mine, so that’s good to know it’s all good and to just crack on. 

Had an absolute blast out in the forest with it, tackling rain, mud, rivers and all sorts. It handled it like a boss. 

• Like 2

On 30/10/2022 at 17:16, Bodhi1977 said:

Cheers Wombat, was concerned that there was something wrong with mine, so that’s good to know it’s all good and to just crack on. 

Had an absolute blast out in the forest with it, tackling rain, mud, rivers and all sorts. It handled it like a boss. 

the toe out on the wheels is down to the stock steering link that goes between front wheels, only way to sort it is a custom link with adjustable ends, i did both my coyote and F-150

• Like 1

On 03/11/2022 at 19:23, Lone-wolf said:

the toe out on the wheels is down to the stock steering link that goes between front wheels, only way to sort it is a custom link with adjustable ends, i did both my coyote and F-150

Any recommendations for that?

I switched to the inner mounting point on both steering knuckles and that’s definitely lined the wheels up a bit straighter. 

It’s absolutely loving the mud and giving piggybacks to the Cub (my son’s been driving it when we’re out)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Bodhi1977 said:

Fun in the mud

A2E85BA6-428C-41ED-8977-27B805B01C05.thumb.jpeg.aab5bd32dcc647d7c6225adb7170a59f.jpeg

And taking on the big rocks 

38B1F8D2-7E99-403E-9E4C-2DFFEFD108B9.thumb.jpeg.642f2cbfbf502d462afda9eadb7fd504.jpeg

Although managed to break a wing mirror off at some point

The mirrors break of for the hell of it most people dont fit them, but on my new build i want the mirrors on so gonna see if there is a way of using elastic to make them flex did this on the carisma ford F-150 and works a treat

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My nephew got one of these kits back in August but it was taken a while for him to get it together and has just received a 2300KV Fusion Pro for Christmas.  He went to install it but rounded and struggled to remove the 2 x screws that attach the gearbox/motor mount to the chassis.

I brought it home with me and extracted the stuck screw but wondered if there were any known issues with these kits as far as incorrect instructions?  The motor/gearbox screws in question are M3 x 18.  He said that when he first installed them, they were really hard to put in but unfortunately he just carried on and kind of forced them in! 

Hopefully he hasnt done any damage but the m3x18 seems very long and I wondered if that was correct in the first place?  Going to try and look properly tomorrow but just a bit tricky receiving a mostly bit kit that someone else has built and hoping to get it back to him as soon as possible as he has waited so long now to get this up and running.

Photo below of the 2 x M3x18 offending screws.

Any help or advice would be great!

PXL_20221225_210131712.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...