• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carrying on from yesterday's post edited

quinnlouis

EDITED

Ive found the diff gear box which I presume is what's needed.

What's the difference between 8381-100 and the 8381-125 as there both compatible.

So after minimal research on here (I don't know much about RCs) I found a post on how to check the front and back diffs by putting front wheels on floor, rotating back ones and vise versa. Front 2 move and back 2 only the right moves when moving the left but when turning the right one the left struggles when doing as above. Does this mean it's not my diffs. What can I check next. Thanks. 

Edited by quinnlouis

You said it sounded like they were skipping, you wont be able to recreate that by hand as its happening under load. All that test has proved is that the diff INTERNALS are ok, at least under low load. 

You need to pull the diffs out and examine the diff RING AND PINION gears, there maybe one or two chipped teeth

• Like 1

• quinnlouis changed the title to Carrying on from yesterday's post edited

If it’s the diff ring and pinion, I believe the below link is a direct replacement, but this is from a quick google search, and I haven’t ordered from the linked supplier before. If nothing else, it shows you what the parts look like on your model.

https://www.asiatees.com/display?DHK-Zombie-8E-(8384)-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=DHK&model=Zombie+8E+(8384)&id=87415&pid=1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quinnlouis said:

Anyone?

Do I need rear differential gear box?

remove the parts that are in the link above  give them a very good clean and look for any issues or take some pictures.

2 hours ago, quinnlouis said:

Anyone?

Do I need rear differential gear box?

As other mates says to you, you need to disassemble the gearbox to see the possible issues. Follow your user manual exploided views.