• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Zorro Brushless

capri-boy

Good man!  So, approx 160 quid, then I guess you'd need to account for Vat etc at approx 30 quid, so 190 all in?  40-45 less than FTX version at MS, hmmm... not sure thats enough of a saving?  I'd pay the extra I think from MS were I in the market for one.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, capri-boy said:

Chinese / English translation issues - depends how hard you look - some call it a Blast, some a Cobra Blast.  VRX RH820 - I'd not linked it originally as the price makes a mockery of the FTX .  They also list it as a 1/8 but it's clearly the same rig.

http://www.vrx-racing.com/en/detail.php?id=142

As for the FTX hate, yes they have niggles - all RC do - the plastic chassis being a common one throughout but easily and usually cheaply rectified.   There's a 2 piece all alu, or alu/carbon chassis for this too.  Fwiw i've beat on an upgraded outlaw for a long time with no recurring issues.

EDIT - upgrade options

UPGRADE options via aliexpress

Thise upgrade options will they work on the sct ? Must be the same chassis etc to keep costs down ? 

14 hours ago, bertberr said:

Good man!  So, approx 160 quid, then I guess you'd need to account for Vat etc at approx 30 quid, so 190 all in?  40-45 less than FTX version at MS, hmmm... not sure thats enough of a saving?  I'd pay the extra I think from MS were I in the market for one.

Yeah the extra charges are a killer 🤯 I noticed the aliexpress version comes with a 3s vs the 2s in the FTX  ...both smallish mah though 

9 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Thise upgrade options will they work on the sct ? Must be the same chassis etc to keep costs down ? 

They should.... but I've not had one in hand yet nor a good look at manuals.  

As above, for £40 difference I'd prob buy the FTX and support a UK store - my local will no doubt have one to have a look at and they always do a good cash price - there is a lot of margin in the uk retail price though so as mentioned earlier I'd hope to see a bit of a price drop - UK retail being what it is at the moment though who knows if that'll happen.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Warranty return?   Bit odd that its being sold sans electrics, i mean they've only just come out.  Do wonder what they're like though, bit sceptical atm simply because its an FTX... but this is prob the way to try it out - stick in some decent elecs from the parts box and some better rubber, and go give it some stick - and see how long it lasts.  

21 hours ago, bertberr said:

Warranty return?   Bit odd that its being sold sans electrics, i mean they've only just come out.  Do wonder what they're like though, bit sceptical atm simply because its an FTX... but this is prob the way to try it out - stick in some decent elecs from the parts box and some better rubber, and go give it some stick - and see how long it lasts.  

More like they've taken the electrics out to fulfill someone elses warranty claim.  Marginally dissapointed I didn't buy it, have a glut on 1:10 electrics doing nowt.

• 3 months later...

I've just got hold of one of these and I've broken it after 10 minutes of fun.  The rear wheel came off, as the nut came lose.  I have now lost the hex piece that goes on before the wheel and holds the bearing in and makes sure the wheel turns (also snapped the front bumper mount and lost a body clip)

Where can I get this spare hex part? I can't seem to find it listed or what its called, but it's essential, as the wheel doesn't turn without it

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Weeman999 said:

I've just got hold of one of these and I've broken it after 10 minutes of fun.  The rear wheel came off, as the nut came lose.  I have now lost the hex piece that goes on before the wheel and holds the bearing in and makes sure the wheel turns (also snapped the front bumper mount and lost a body clip)

Where can I get this spare hex part? I can't seem to find it listed or what its called, but it's essential, as the wheel doesn't turn without it

Do they look like these https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/ftx-wheel-hex-12mm-vantage-carnage-hooligan-4--365764

• 1 month later...
On 03/02/2022 at 10:52, Weeman999 said:

Yeah just like that, I actually found some on eBay and waiting for the post to arrive today, I'm hoping the carnage ones fit the zorro

Hey

Do you still have the manual for yours?  Can't find one online and my used one came without.... finally broke something so just need to check part numbers.

thanks

On 20/03/2022 at 15:44, capri-boy said:

Hey

Do you still have the manual for yours?  Can't find one online and my used one came without.... finally broke something so just need to check part numbers.

thanks

I have the manual if you need one.... also I replaced the plastics with some Ali ones... they are much better and have a grub screw to hold the pin in

1 minute ago, Stu 57 said:

I have the manual if you need one.... also I replaced the plastics with some Ali ones... they are much better and have a grub screw to hold the pin in

Oh and I also replace the front chasie with this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154793670981?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338792760&toolid=10029&customid=CjwKCAiAvaGRBhBlEiwAiY-yMN5nwzx0glKkd0xmkn75krC47gWRO6EMCI4sFsJKraXWjhuefvJNZRoCTLEQAvD_BwE&gclid=CjwKCAiAvaGRBhBlEiwAiY-yMN5nwzx0glKkd0xmkn75krC47gWRO6EMCI4sFsJKraXWjhuefvJNZRoCTLEQAvD_BwE

much better than the plastic... i put some longer screws though bumper mound and used bolts and washers to beef it up... works much better as well

Cheers, I have the alu chassis already, but front is plastic - it's holding up ok.  I've had all the FTX 1/10 range so quite used to where the weaker points are.  Love the zorro but being as I have a tekno sct and a FTX outlaw I may have had my fun and move it on.