• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wltoys 144001

savvydjdeuce

Brand new 144001 out the box , I can Accelerate, I can steer but as soon as I do both at the same time it just cuts off , eg if I accelerate it will drive but when I turn it stops dead , if I turn and then accelerate there is no power at all ,, any suggestions?? 

I can't see the video so don't know if that might offer any more clues but I would guess that this could either be a mechanical issue or something up with the electronics. 

If it is a mechanical issue it may be caused by something in the drive-train binding when the wheels are turned. You might be able to check for this by feeling how much resistance there is when turning the front wheels with the steering centered (and the car powered off) and then repeating the test with the steering at full left/right lock. If you can't feel any difference then that might point to it being an issue with the electronics where there may be a few more things you can try to tack it down or fix it (like redoing the binding on the transmitter or trying to re-calibrate the throttle/steering controls).

Weirdly I can see the video on my phone but it wasn’t showing up when I tried to look at it from my laptop. 

Does the throttle still cut out if you only turn the steering half way or does it only do it when it’s turned all the way left or right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, savvydjdeuce said:

It only cuts out on full lock left and right , if I half turn  it does actually run 

It sounds like servo pulling to much power .

Did you change servo? If not check if steering links don't articulate to much or something binding on full lock

• Like 1

Does the controller offer any way of setting the steering end stops (possibly a dual

rate control)? If you could limit the amount it is trying to drive the servo, so you don’t hit full lock, you should be able to drive it without any more trouble from the main motor cutting out.