• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Ranger XC 1/16 Owners

tomr

1 hour ago, tomr said:

A short vid of the Ranger XC 1/16 

I think the new tyres may have broken in as it seemed to perform much better in this run.

Next job is to stick some heavier shock oil in the shocks, the weight of the body is a little too much for the stock oil.

That looks really good going over those obstacles, especially for a smaller model.   Tempted to grab one myself for when I want to travel light and can chuck something like this in a rucksack.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Nice run mate but i am not with you on the tyres, i found they clogged badly then just lost grip, i am back to stock for now but still looking for decent ones, would be happy to spend on small metal beadlock wheels if i could find right size

Might be worth giving them a few more runs ? Mine have deffo improved 👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrCake said:

That looks really good going over those obstacles, especially for a smaller model.   Tempted to grab one myself for when I want to travel light and can chuck something like this in a rucksack.  

go for it, great rig i love mine, now running it on 2200mah 2s lipo, my "Green snot box"

snot box.JPG

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MrCake said:

Well worth picking one up, great fun and as you say ideal for throwing in a backpack 👍

New body shell versions arriving soon https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/ftx-outback-fury-xc-rtr-1-16-trail-crawler-white-1341028

• Like 2

Hmm decisions on which one!  Love my TRX4 but sometimes it would be nice to put something like this and say a 1/14 basher in a rucksack and run both in a local woodland I tend to use.  Think I might go for the blue landy unless they have made any additional changes to these new ones?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MrCake said:

Hmm decisions on which one!  Love my TRX4 but sometimes it would be nice to put something like this and say a 1/14 basher in a rucksack and run both in a local woodland I tend to use.  Think I might go for the blue landy unless they have made any additional changes to these new ones?

I got mine after watching a youtube review from Tomley rc, he did break it but only after running 3s lipo in thick gloopy mud, stick with NI-MH or 2s lipo and i think it will run for ever, also nice radio with switches for lights and hazards, i just really need to find better wheels/tyres

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrCake said:

No other changes apart from the body, bumpers etc 

More pics here on the OG manufactures website 👍 https://www.rgt-racing.com/cn_asp/productshow.asp?id=1196

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

sun has come out, so put a lipo on charge might just get a little run and video of the snot box

That’s the spirit 👍 I took a scale rig out this morning it was soaking but good fun .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomr said:

That’s the spirit 👍 I took a scale rig out this morning it was soaking but good fun .

By time i got charged and boots on it started raining again but looks to be clearing, my concern is TX and camera getting wet/fried#goosed

as for me not made of paper 

11 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

By time i got charged and boots on it started raining again but looks to be clearing, my concern is TX and camera getting wet/fried#goosed

as for me not made of paper 

I use dog doo doo bags on my Tx if it rains heavy 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

I got mine after watching a youtube review from Tomley rc, he did break it but only after running 3s lipo in thick gloopy mud, stick with NI-MH or 2s lipo and i think it will run for ever, also nice radio with switches for lights and hazards, i just really need to find better wheels/tyres

What size wheels do they come with?

• 3 weeks later...