• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MAXX 4S OWNERS THREAD

turok007

2 hours ago, Snowmandk said:

Didn‘t notice that at first, but you are right. The batterytray seems to be longer too.
Also, the front shock towers look different where the bumper attaches, but the might just be a slightly different angle of the pics I used to compare.

I am curious as to why Traxxas hasn‘t officially announced anything yet, the Wide Maxx rtr also doesn’t seem to be listed in the US-shops yet.

Has Traxxas ever done that before?

Im guessing this is POTENTIALLY an EU only product

Price on Modelsport for the new Widemaxx is the same as the old v1 which is a bit of a kick in the teeth for it’s previous v1 owners . They did a similar thing in the old V1 X Maxx . 

Must say this newer version seems a much better buy than the old one mind you it’s still £599 and for a 1/10th it’s a hard pill to swallow for some 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/traxxas-widemaxx-maxx-monster-truck-red-1341768

4 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Price on Modelsport for the new Widemaxx is the same as the old v1 which is a bit of a kick in the teeth for it’s previous v1 owners . They did a similar thing in the old V1 X Maxx . 

Must say this newer version seems a much better buy than the old one mind you it’s still £599 and for a 1/10th it’s a hard pill to swallow for some 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/traxxas-widemaxx-maxx-monster-truck-red-1341768

Id still want steel drive shafts and 17mm wheel nuts for the money, but I think its just how RC is priced now

11 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Some nice upgrades on the newer ones maybe now’s the time to swallow that price tag and buy one ? 

Its only really Wide Maxx and new Tyres, it still needs steel driveshafts (I say this, Ive never used the plastic ones, so they could be fine?) and still has the 4S ESC. The 2cm extra is great, but its negliable IMO. 

Id still opt for a second hand V1 with mods personally. 

If I didnt feel the v1 was worthwhile, I cant see how this changes anything personally?

Edited by Kpowell911

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Its only really Wide Maxx and new Tyres, it still needs steel driveshafts (I say this, Ive never used the plastic ones, so they could be fine?) and still has the 4S ESC. The 2cm extra is great, but its negliable IMO. 

Id still opt for a second hand V1 with mods personally. 

If I didnt feel the v1 was worthwhile, I cant see how this changes anything personally?

The v1 need extra boots and  the wide max kit this comes with it at the same price so looking at it like that your saving in the region of £130 on upgrades needed.  Plus this new v2 has that larger battery tray the extra chassis length I’m not sure will do much but time will tell 

Imo the v2 is the better buy unless you can find a cheap v1 fully upgraded but that’s not likely as folks want top dollar once they start pumping money into them. 

18 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

The v1 need extra boots and  the wide max kit this comes with it at the same price so looking at it like that your saving in the region of £130 on upgrades needed.  Plus this new v2 has that larger battery tray the extra chassis length I’m not sure will do much but time will tell 

Imo the v2 is the better buy unless you can find a cheap v1 fully upgraded but that’s not likely as folks want top dollar once they start pumping money into them. 

Ive brought both mine second hand with upgrades for very decent prices, you just need to avoid eBay. 

Its obviously a no brainer if you wanted a Maxx to buy the V2 with the new bits, but what I am saying is, I think if “you” wanted a Maxx, youd already have one and this doesnt change much. The Widemaxx 100%, but are the Sledgehammers an upgrade? In my opinion the V1  doesnt need new boots. It needs new offset WHEELS for more width. The tyres were fine on 4S, the issues were when people run 6S, which This dont. I also dont see people switching from stock to Sledgehammers, usually to An Arrma Tyre or Proline?

Wonder if the wheels are offset though?

Edited by Kpowell911

Ive brought both mine second hand with upgrades for very decent prices, you just need to avoid eBay. 

Its obviously a no brainer if you wanted a Maxx to buy the V2 with the new bits, but what I am saying is, I think if “you” wanted a Maxx, youd already have one and this doesnt change much. The Widemaxx 100%, but are the Sledgehammers an upgrade? In my opinion the V1  doesnt need new boots. It needs new offset WHEELS for more width. The tyres were fine on 4S, the issues were when people run 6S, which This dont. I also dont see people switching from stock to Sledgehammers, usually to An Arrma Tyre or Proline?

Wonder if the wheels are offset though?

Yeah you’re probably right if I’d of wanted one I’d have one and upgraded by now maybe I’m better of sticking to the large scale stuff seems to be where the fun is for me the most. It’s not like I can hit the skatepark anymore it’s been demolished now 😂

Was a thought but it’s soon gone 😂👍

• Like 1

does anyone know what motor the 4s maxx had.   as the MAXX motor has a 540XL brushless motor  but on modelsport that motor is only for the HOSS

also specs say 2cm shorter. ?

Edited by turok007

1 hour ago, turok007 said:

does anyone know what motor the 4s maxx had.   as the MAXX motor has a 540XL brushless motor  but on modelsport that motor is only for the HOSS

also specs say 2cm shorter. ?

The Hoss was advertised as having a Maxx motor when released. Theyre the same one. 540XL

Its a 2400kv 3670 motor

Not sure anyone makes a sway bar kit for it? Why do you want a Sway Bar kit?

All my rc's have that... including traxxas ones...

-Slash 4x4

-X-Maxx

-E-Revo 1/10

-T-Maxx 3.3 brushless

-E-Revo 1/16

...can't live without them...THEY ARE NEEDED for my style of driving...unless i want to flip the cars like each 3 seconds..which is not funny!

And can't seem to find any aftermakert company with that... maybe someone MOD some from any brand outhere and make it happen! Just asking on foruns cause that's where this kind of stuff is produced! lol ...

Edited by targetingxmod

How is everyone mounting the Max8 ESC into the MAXX? I can't get the holes on the Max8 mounting plate to line up with the holes in the chassis (the ESC touches the driveline tunnel). It's just a few MM off. I can't see double sided tape holding it in place.

1 hour ago, Leo said:

How is everyone mounting the Max8 ESC into the MAXX? I can't get the holes on the Max8 mounting plate to line up with the holes in the chassis (the ESC touches the driveline tunnel). It's just a few MM off. I can't see double sided tape holding it in place.

I had a 3D printed custom mount printed up for me and then the ESC is  taped and zip tied to the plate

Edited by Kpowell911

2 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

I had a 3D printed custom mount printed up for me and then the ESC is  taped and zip tied to the plate

Did you find the STL file online or did the person who printed design it for you?

Out of interest, whats the perceived wisdom on ESC's for the Maxx?  Max8, Sidewinder 8th, Mamba Monster 2, any others?  Would be on the OG shorter chassis version - just conscious there isn't a lot of room between motor and servo /  Rx box?

6 hours ago, Leo said:

Did you find the STL file online or did the person who printed design it for you?

I think I found one and Paul Busby on here printed it me. It wasnt perfect (the file, not Pauls printing).  It should be in this thread somewhere

1 hour ago, bertberr said:

Out of interest, whats the perceived wisdom on ESC's for the Maxx?  Max8, Sidewinder 8th, Mamba Monster 2, any others?  Would be on the OG shorter chassis version - just conscious there isn't a lot of room between motor and servo /  Rx box?

I run a. Max 8 and a 4274 motor in stock locations now issue (stock can is 70mm long). 

Just needed an ESC plate. 

Mines a standard Wheel Base