• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Kraton / Outcast EXB 8S Owners Thread

53 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

Does this really work or is it just an old wives tale ?? I have heard a  similar thing using WD40...

No harm in trying I suppose 🤔

The pics speak for themselves i like you used to think it was all just talk but since trying it I’m convinced it works 

Plastic and WD40 is a no you could try GT85 though 

45 minutes ago, martin34 said:

I can't decide if I should buy sway bars for my outcast.I only bash so will they make a difference?

Me personally if mine didn’t already come with them doubt I’d bother for just bashing it around. If you visit the odd track or make a track and race against your mates etc then yes every little helps 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ayyyyy she's running, lol hard work working on this thing so heavy, motor in, new servo and esc. Had a little drive in the garden. Super pokey on 6s but I do have a 28t on. 

First set cnhl 4s are here, soldered xt90s on and will charge when I get home for a 8s run

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Logie said:

Ayyyyy she's running, lol hard work working on this thing so heavy, motor in, new servo and esc. Had a little drive in the garden. Super pokey on 6s but I do have a 28t on. 

First set cnhl 4s are here, soldered xt90s on and will charge when I get home for a 8s run

Awesome how long did the cnhl lipos take to arrive ? 

Ordered 28th June and they were delivered Saturday 10th July, its normally 10-15 working days. Was happpy the servo came quick, got all that put together along with the RPM MMX8s holder which bolts on top and secures esc nicely.

Trouble is i dont know if i can be arsed swapping it all the time to the Kraton 6s EXB, might buy the max 6 combo for that, but then i have a spare Castle motor or do i just gambel again order a MMX8s from Amin see if i get luckly no customs again 😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

The pics speak for themselves i like you used to think it was all just talk but since trying it I’m convinced it works 

Plastic and WD40 is a no you could try GT85 though 

Me personally if mine didn’t already come with them doubt I’d bother for just bashing it around. If you visit the odd track or make a track and race against your mates etc then yes every little helps 😂

Thanks.Normally I am just out bashing on my own so probably not worth it for me.

12 hours ago, BashingBrian said:

Does this really work or is it just an old wives tale ?? I have heard a  similar thing using WD40...

No harm in trying I suppose 🤔

Been doing it for 25+ years  it makes the plastic a little softer.  Not the wd40 one  lol  

Edited by turok007

fk me still aint had a blast of the truck yet, got my new pinion so went to take side guard off and battery tray, hex rounds off..... tried everything to get it out but no joy, guess i need a extrator or something? is there stuff for these small bolts?

There is one million WT available that's like gel. I think the tub I got was from Kyosho. You need to patiently spoon it in, but it should help. 

I'm not a fan of the ear plug idea, it removes all cushioning of the drive-train, which leaves the car more prone to busted gears etc. 

Each to their own, they're only toys. 

5 minutes ago, Tug said:

There is one million WT available that's like gel. I think the tub I got was from Kyosho. You need to patiently spoon it in, but it should help. 

I'm not a fan of the ear plug idea, it removes all cushioning of the drive-train, which leaves the car more prone to busted gears etc. 

Each to their own, they're only toys. 

1 million isn’t thick enough stock it comes with 20 million hence folks switch to ear plugs 

1 hour ago, martin34 said:

I am thinking about squeezing in a couple of ear plugs into my centre diff.Mine is full correctly with 20 million fluid but I still get a lot of front tyre ballooning.

You only need about half an earplug, what I did was remove half an earplugs worth of the 20 million and replaced it with the same amount of earplug 

Currently running 500k in the rear half earplug+ 20 million centre and 1 million up front seems to be well balanced like that although I may add a little more earplug about a 1/4 maybe 🤔 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Tug said:

Not the same oil, this stuff is seriously thick. 

The 20 million is more like a putty than an oil it’s so thick you literally have to mould it with your fingers and push it in 

1 hour ago, martin34 said:

To hot out there for me today so I am going to fit these.I have had them for a few months but never got round to fitting them.

20210718_091636.jpg

Yep agreed  was nice early this morning though so if you want to bash you got to get up early in this weather. 

Not sure on those the plastic  ones are cheap to replace, and add a bit of Teflon tape to the threads keeps them in place . Whats the advantages over plastic

5 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Yep agreed  was nice early this morning though so if you want to bash you got to get up early in this weather. 

Not sure on those the plastic  ones are cheap to replace, and add a bit of Teflon tape to the threads keeps them in place . Whats the advantages over plastic

I agree there's probably not much advantage over plastic other than look but my stock ones still work loose with ptfe tape around them.Yeh I would of liked to have got out early but I have my boy Saturday/Sunday morning so no chance of getting out early.

Be honest I’ve beat the snot out of this exb outcast trashed the body now but other than a few bolts working loose and today the rear tyre let go of the glue around the bead it’s been bulletproof !!  Shocked I’ve not bent it I’ve beaten it so much 

Super happy with the purchase 👍

• Like 1

Thought I’d show  some damage keep them YouTubers happy 😃 

FDE43-A78-9-F7-A-43-A1-B922-B94471071-D8

Nothing too bad bit of glue it will be as good as new 

This on the other hand will need a different approach 

C16-DB35-D-95-A8-4-DEF-A0-AE-EC0-D28-CE3

94-A9-E18-B-C9-D6-4-F35-84-C1-427-F5-FA8

7-BC89437-6-ED2-4-FA4-8613-C6651-B44895-

Lastly I got one of those super pc fans but still waiting on a mount so just cable tied it in for now must say super impressed last time out without the fan I was hitting high 170f today it’s in the high 150f but it’s a hotter day as well  total cost 8 zip ties and a fan my lad brought home from work from an old pc ! Handy having your kids work in IT 😂😂

6-CE737-F6-8-FD0-4-C9-A-A0-F5-76-C8-BADE

Edited by mydoddy69
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, martin34 said:

I think that body is toast lol 

Nah plenty of live left in the old girl I’ll have her looking almost as good as new maybe a bit Battle scarred mind 

• Haha 1