• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya grasshopper

javy

hi so my receiver  on my grasshopper got used to test a another rc car out so i plug it back into my grasshopper and now the accelerate is the steering but all the other buttons are not functional  

Edited by javy

You need to make sure that you have your servo (steering) plugged into channel 1 on the receiver and your ESC (power/accelerator) plugged into channel 2 on the receiver. 
Always 1 to turn, 2 to burn. 😉

Welcome aboard. :good:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GMballistic said:

You need to make sure that you have your servo (steering) plugged into channel 1 on the receiver and your ESC (power/accelerator) plugged into channel 2 on the receiver. 
Always 1 to turn, 2 to burn. 😉

Welcome aboard. :good:

right ive got it working but i have no reverse the  accelerator works but no reverse 

Welcome 🙂

Is your ESC set to allow reverse function and is the throttle range on the ESC calibrated? If your ESC has manual calibration it might be worth going through it again now that the channels are set up correctly 

13 minutes ago, D-Mon said:

Welcome 🙂

Is your ESC set to allow reverse function and is the throttle range on the ESC calibrated? If your ESC has manual calibration it might be worth going through it again now that the channels are set up correctly 

sorry what do you mean

14 minutes ago, javy said:

sorry what do you mean

ESC's can be set up with various functions including with or without reverse function. This can be changed in different ways depending on the ESC/manufacturer but usually in very similar ways like in a set up mode following LED's/Beeps or via program cards or connection to PC's/laptops. 

It could be as mentioned your ESC just needs recalibrating with your radio. Try checking on YouTube for your specific ESC and/or radio as there are lots of videos about calibrating & setting them up. 

For example;