• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HELP NEEDED FTX OUTLAW

rob machin

HI GUYS .. YES IVE POSTED ABOUT IT BEFORE BUT I FOLLOWED PEOPLES ADVICE AND BOUGHT A LOW KV BRUSHLESS MOTOR COMBO WITH PROGRAMME CARD AND 23T MOTOR MOUNT AND STEEL PINION.. IM STILL EXPERICEING COGGING AND DRIVING ME INSANE .. IVE MOVED THE MOUNT ROUND .. USED THE 17T MOTOR MOUNT .. ORIGINAL PINION EVERYTHING.. THE SPUR GEAR IS LIKE NEW SO AINT THAT.. I JUST CANT GET MY HEAD ROUND IT .. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.. CHEERS ROB 😒

Hello, Why did you go 23t the trucks overgeared as it is with 17t a bigger pinion will make it cog worse!
What motor / esc you go with, what battery type are you running?
Does it cog with the 17t pinion installed also?
What are you driving on, long grass, hills? got a video of the issue? With the new motor?

hey .. i went with a 3300kv 45a brushless combo.. was only cheap as someone on ftx outlaw site reccomended it as they use it.. was using 3s lipo.. yeah still cogged with 17t pinion.. unfortunately i aint got a vid with issue as took it out and gave up lol.. i was trying it in my room on carpet 

22 minutes ago, Redback said:

Hello, Why did you go 23t the trucks overgeared as it is with 17t a bigger pinion will make it cog worse!
What motor / esc you go with, what battery type are you running?
Does it cog with the 17t pinion installed also?
What are you driving on, long grass, hills? got a video of the issue? With the new motor?

the motor mount i bought was 23t .. the pinion was 17t i tried old and new pinion on 23t motor mount still cogged.. i used 17t motor mount with old and new pinion still cogged .. used 3s lipo too