• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Budget Speed Run Project

everclear1984

1 hour ago, GMballistic said:

Part and parcel of the hobby @everclear1984 no matter how you run. 

We had a similar problem with wind at ROSSA in August 2019 I think it was, ...the wind was pushing any cars with GT style bodyshells around so much. Most of us just stuck to running buggies as anything else was getting pushed around a lot. Still great fun though. 

See you have scrim tape on your shell already so I'd just go over it all again reinforcing the damaged areas further. Best of luck. :good:

Yeah, it was always coming eventually. Thankfully it wasn't as bad  as it first looked. I popped the old wheels back on and took it for a bit of a shakedown run today. All seems good so I'll be out again soon chasing that 80mph 👍

• Like 1

oooof, that final crash, your lucky its just a wheel are the drive shafts all good? also shame about the body shell, Held up better than the stock one, why do you think it flipped, was it the wind or over steering and the wheels biting causing the flip.
Battery ok?
Seems to be a theme for speedruns when we hit 5th attempt its a crash lol
Goodluck!

2 minutes ago, Redback said:

oooof, that final crash, your lucky its just a wheel are the drive shafts all good? also shame about the body shell, Held up better than the stock one, why do you think it flipped, was it the wind or over steering and the wheels biting causing the flip.
Battery ok?
Seems to be a theme for speedruns when we hit 5th attempt its a crash lol
Goodluck!

It was getting blown all over the place. I had added some steering expo and I think I hit the point where it ramps up and it just bit in and flipped. The new lipo took a hammering, managed to de-case itself and dent a couple of the cells, thankfully no lipo fire!! I repaired the body shell and it's all good again 🙂

• 2 months later...

Thanks mate. The temptation to keep pushing for higher speeds is very tempting, she's definitely got more to give! But personally, knowing I've got a 100mph capable RC sat on the shelf ready to break out for a special occasion is enough 🙂

• Like 1