• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Model memory

Tinman1711

Hi. I'm trying to get used to using 2.4 radio gear and what it can do. I am assuming that '20 model memory' means each model can have it's own

receiver and that you don't have to keep moving one receiver around all your models.

I'm looking at getting a Flysky FS-T6 2.4GHz 6CH Mode 2 Transmitter W/Receiver R6. I'm running boats, so this gear is a little more than I need

but I'd rather have that, to take care of any future 'multi-functions' I might build into a boat (lights, gun turrets etc..).

Thanks in advance.

You are correct, model memory just means that you can use in transmitter across all you models, as long as each has a compatible receiver, the channels are the amount of slots on the receiver and functions on the transmitter, as an example I have the Sanwa MTS, I have this set up so that I have used two channels to control my lights via two switches on the TX along side the normal operation of the car.

2 hours ago, Ag100 said:

You are correct, model memory just means that you can use in transmitter across all you models, as long as each has a compatible receiver, the channels are the amount of slots on the receiver and functions on the transmitter, as an example I have the Sanwa MTS, I have this set up so that I have used two channels to control my lights via two switches on the TX along side the normal operation of the car.

Thank you. So if I get this particular TX, I should to buy extra 'R6' receivers?

2 minutes ago, Tinman1711 said:

Thank you. So if I get this particular TX, I should to buy extra 'R6' receivers?

Hi, yes, I run two cars at the moment, each has its own dedicated receiver, I then just toggle between the two models when using them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLYSKY-FS-T6-FS-R6B-2-4Ghz-6CH-Receiver-for-RC-Helicopter-Airplane-Glider-AM-/192266803407?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292