• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Axial RBX10 Ryft Owners Thread!

.AJ.

What type of shimming did you have to do on the diffs? I want to leave them all open and I will be using 1,000,000wt fluid in all of them. I don't want to have to buy new gears lol

16x13x.1mm behind the crown gears, ive not bothered, because I’ve locked the rear and centre and have diff putty in the front, if I do strip the front I have 2 spares sets of gears and I’ll also shim it 👍 

Thank you for that. Basing off of the diagram on the top right of this page, https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differential_(mechanical_device)  are the crown gears the number 6 gears? And if so, should I put one of those washers behind each of those gears so each differential will have a total of 2 of the new washers in addition to the factory?

Gave mine a quick early morning run, I’m not really that impressed with the 2 speed, I found my self using the low gear 90% of the time, the annoying thing is the constant clunking from the slack in the drive pawls, it’s was so annoying to me that I’ll be taking the 2 speed out and possibly looking for a really low Kv motor around 1500kv to imitate the low gear 

17-D6144-B-3-CE0-4-C4-E-B61-F-93-A7-DC3-

• Sad 1

That's interesting, I was just about to ask about that 2 gear option that comes with the kit.

The only thing I'm missing at the moment for the kit is the motor, I do have a 2200kv Hobbywing EZRUN MAX8 and associated ESC that I could put in it. However, the idea that the lower gear could make it into a half baked crawler (I'm not that fussed, but would like to have a basic option for crawling). So would that motor be ok, or would I be better off looking at a sensored option (I have a plan for the Max8 anyway) be better to get some lower speed control? 

In short, what's the best all round motor that focuses on the rock racing style of driving, but can make use of the lower gear as well?

If you want the 2 speed anything from 1800kv  to 2700kv  will work, but guess it depends on what top end you want, to me this truck is just too fast with the stock motor 2200kv and a 17t pinion

The Castle 1415 2400kv seems the most popular option, I ran one for a while and tbh I reckon it was more suitable motor than the one I have now if you run it locked in high, I think I’m going to go to try a Tekin ROC 412 HD 1800kv, I’m not after any stupid speeds, mids 20’s are fine for me 

Thanks for the info, I think of like to keep the motor under £100, and the Asiatees option looks too far into crawler territory, I'd prefer something a bit quicker. 

You posted a link to these in the news section, budget wise this seems ok: https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/skyrc-toro-x8-pro-v3-2150kv-bl-motor-1337545 they also do a 2300kv I believe

I had been thinking about beadlocks for a while, then saw these pop up on a FB group, the aren’t the style I would have chose, the D Holes look much better imo and the tyres are well too small, but for £75 I’m not complaining, the tyres will be sold and ill pick up another set of stock tyres of some Proline XL crawler tyres 

BDF22065-F32-E-4-B04-99-D1-6-B6-F1-FF5-C

I have seen JEC Racing in the US do some wicked 1/1 style beadlock rings that fit SSD rims 👍 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/06/2021 at 12:07, .AJ. said:

🤣🤣🤣

D968-C04-E-C1-E8-4-F08-9889-6-FFDAABA936

Definitely needs XL sized tyres 😆

OH MY GOD.

You have the most sexy and best RYFT existing now.

Everything you have in this is MY DREAM.

How much have you spend ?  900-1000 bucks ?

This is maybe not so much anyway , because all the fun and abuse this rig handles now ?

You got my Dream right now AJ

iNSANE great rig you got here.  WOW

please make some more videos soon

peace rc brother

• Like 1

You are probably about right on the cost, selling the electrics did pay for 2/3rds of the new electrics though, the axles were a big cost, but they really do make the build impressive 👍 

• Like 1

Picked up some better foams to go with beadlocks, I just need to get the stock tyres off the old rims now 

8-D7-BBDAB-BA8-D-44-AE-814-B-731-DFD7-F1

Been seeing guys having issues with the wheel nuts becoming undone, alloy wheels and crazy brushless don’t go together too well lol, so I’ve threadlocked on the wheel hubs and I’ll have to undo the screws to take the wheels off 

D2-F4034-F-D655-4-A25-9-B3-C-FE60-D80469

• Like 2