• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Jumpshot ST Flux Owners

tomr

On 07/03/2021 at 09:53, Jack Reacher said:

I went out for some speed runs this morning, ran the jumpshot on 2s and hit 42.19, very surprised how well it steered and tracked for a RWD car, tried it on 3s and only got 42.27 but did not have the guts to give it full throttle as to much concrete to bounce of

IMG_20210307_074854.jpg

Ran mine today on 2s with 28/81 gearing 👍 

These run so smooth I’m tempted to turn it into a 4s speed car 

• Like 2

On 19/03/2021 at 11:24, tomr said:

No probs with mine but I swapped out the stock pinion and thread locked the motor screws before running it 👍 

On a side note I’ve found that Team Associated spur gears fit .

im running this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Team-Associated-B4-T4-B44-B5-B5M-T5M-Sc5M-B6-B6D-81T-48Dp-Spur-Gear-AS9651/163333190016?epid=1708082791&hash=item26076ab180:g:LYsAAOSwUIxb0JlS

Not tried these but should fit even better as they look the same design as the stock spur.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Team-Associated-Octalock-Spur-Gear-78T-48Dp-AS92295/203270569575?epid=28044114829&hash=item2f53debe67:g:bAcAAOSw7hJgHrCZ

A7D71B1D-9504-4C04-8805-01286DB53633.thumb.jpeg.33f558d5708ec71084fb3a4bb06e2572.jpeg

Thanks for the information!  New spur arrived and I have now re-fitted the pinion and motor with a smidge of thread-lock on the grub and motor screws.  Waiting for it to try and will test later today!

• Like 2

I'm really interested in getting a 2WD truggy and have nearly pulled the trigger on the Team Associated Trophy rat a few times. This looks pretty interesting though! Anyone got any experience of both and how they compare?

On 25/03/2021 at 20:58, immortaljellyfish said:

I'm really interested in getting a 2WD truggy and have nearly pulled the trigger on the Team Associated Trophy rat a few times. This looks pretty interesting though! Anyone got any experience of both and how they compare?

I’ve not owned the Team Associated truck but I can say the Jumpshot has proved to be a good truck with a decent amount of spares available 👍

• Like 2

Thought I would add the  wheelie bar to my flux and ordered HPI 115495.  Gone to fit it and the screws which mount to the back of the motor surround don't thread in what so ever?  Thought I was going mad at first but neither side works and they just push right in to the neck!?  

Have HPI changed something on the design for the Flux versions and I have managed to get old stock?

1 hour ago, MrCake said:

Thought I would add the  wheelie bar to my flux and ordered HPI 115495.  Gone to fit it and the screws which mount to the back of the motor surround don't thread in what so ever?  Thought I was going mad at first but neither side works and they just push right in to the neck!?  

Have HPI changed something on the design for the Flux versions and I have managed to get old stock?

I had the same problem had to use my own bolts 

11 hours ago, MrCake said:

Can you give specifics of what size you used?  Doesn't seem to be much meat around the holes so don't want to enlarge them if possible.

I do mention it on pg.2  👍

But yeah I think somebody at the factory is putting the wrong bolts in, I did email HPI at the time to which they replied they’d look into it but we obviously have older stock.

The instruction sheet lists 3x15mm bolts but  2x 15mm Where included.

I didn’t bother to measure the bolts I used I just dug some out  that went in .

Edited by tomr

After the last speed run crash I’ve turned it back into a basher .

Its now running a 3300kv 3660 motor with some crazy gearing from a Maverick Strada .

Probably way over geared but it will have to do until I order 48p pinion with 5mm bore .

Might as well speed test it on the field though 👍

B7CB5713-EB38-4913-865F-6DB841123D52.thumb.jpeg.8c765a64715cec3931d79c0df4ae1c02.jpeg

CD3D707E-FEB3-453A-8228-BCC68A64215D.thumb.jpeg.fcf2e455e88ca1f89bc9bcc4d9e2f4a0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 02/04/2021 at 13:59, MrCake said:

Same problem,just won't secure, I've messaged him and am waiting a response

On 02/04/2021 at 15:00, tomr said:

I had the same problem had to use my own bolts 

What size did you use tom??  M3 with a corser thread?? Or something different 

52 minutes ago, tomr said:

I believe Mrcake has gone with 4x15mm bolts 👍

Still waiting for some fixings to arrive.  Went for 4x10 and 4x12 to test so will let you know how they go. 

Didn't want to go too long since it will be eating into the casing and I have already shaved it down a smidge from an accidental wheelie on tarmac!

• Like 1