• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Corally truggies?

Nesiah

They do have some nice parts that are CNC machined Vs Arrma stamped. You can see this in the quality of the metal shock towers, visually the Corally is nicer looking. 

The v2 are 'better' but depending on which model, their chassis layout limits the use of some longer Lipos as they have the ESC on the same side of the battery tray. So check the battery tray dimensions to see if they will work with the Lipos you have or will buy. 

Their customer service can be hit or miss but they do generally on whole give the impression they will look after you upto a certain point. 

I don't think they are as rigid as the equivalent Arrma cars though. It depends how you use them. Metal braces can possibly sort this.

Kraton - Kronos v1 and v2

Typhon - Python and Radix (Same buggy, different shell. Python can be v1 or v2, Radix is v2.

Talion - Shogun and Muraco. Shogun v1 and v2, Muraco v2

Outcast/Notorious - Jambo, Dementor. Jambo v2, Dementor v1 or v2.

Edited by Derka

You can bend some Corally trucks by hand, i've learned recently. 

Not just the older ones (i got a Dementor v1 which bent in the first run) - the newer ones too. Yes, you can sort this by adding 7075 braces/skid plates, but those require drilling the chassis and aren't actually that cheap. I think MMM makes a few, for example. But at that point you've negated the price advantage of Corallies, making it kinda moot. 

If you're into the 3s Typhon, give the Big Rock a look - runs the same batteries too.

Just now, m4inbrain said:

You can bend some Corally trucks by hand, i've learned recently. 

Not just the older ones (i got a Dementor v1 which bent in the first run) - the newer ones too. Yes, you can sort this by adding 7075 braces/skid plates, but those require drilling the chassis and aren't actually that cheap. I think MMM makes a few, for example. But at that point you've negated the price advantage of Corallies, making it kinda moot. 

If you're into the 3s Typhon, give the Big Rock a look - runs the same batteries too.

I had a big rock but got rid. Really wasn't a fan of the look of it. Want something that looks like the v1 Kronos ideally. Decent MT style tires and love the supplier on the back. Also love the look of the Arrma Kraton but think that's outta my price range

My son and i both run the Corally Kronos his is V1 mine the V2 and both good trucks  seem solid and reliable .

Corally are also doing an upgrade service for registered owners of Kronos V1 to V2 for free or an even better upgrade pack with a 70% discount ( they may be doing this with other V1 cars) also on customer service my son done something to the servo when his rolled and they sent a new servo FOC 

We cannot complain about service or quality of them :good:

3 minutes ago, Nesiah said:

I had a big rock but got rid. Really wasn't a fan of the look of it. Want something that looks like the v1 Kronos ideally. Decent MT style tires and love the supplier on the back. Also love the look of the Arrma Kraton but think that's outta my price range

There aren't many options on that front. 

Keep in mind that a Kronos (as well as a 6s Kraton) will not run on the batteries you have for the Typhon - and you shouldn't double them up after you've run them for a while as singles ("marrying batteries"). An expense you need  to take into consideration for any 6s rig. 

Depending on how important it is for you to buy "new", it might be advisable to wait a little, and get a 4s Kraton/Outcast. That's basically where i'm at too, at the moment, was looking at the Traxxas Maxx, Typhon 6s etc but nothing really fits the bill - currently waiting for stock on the Outcast 4s. 

6 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

There aren't many options on that front. 

Keep in mind that a Kronos (as well as a 6s Kraton) will not run on the batteries you have for the Typhon - and you shouldn't double them up after you've run them for a while as singles ("marrying batteries"). An expense you need  to take into consideration for any 6s rig. 

Depending on how important it is for you to buy "new", it might be advisable to wait a little, and get a 4s Kraton/Outcast. That's basically where i'm at too, at the moment, was looking at the Traxxas Maxx, Typhon 6s etc but nothing really fits the bill - currently waiting for stock on the Outcast 4s. 

Oh Kraton 4s sounds good. I'm not fussy if it's new or not really. Didn't realize there was a Kraton and outcast 4s

1 minute ago, Nesiah said:

Oh Kraton 4s sounds good. I'm not fussy if it's new or not really. Didn't realize there was a Kraton and outcast 4s

They're out of stock everywhere, but can be found used every now and then (if urgent - if not urgent, wait for new stock, they're not discontinued).