• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cautionary Tale.

Chris Down

Ok so I have been scratching my head over this one for approx three weeks. The car is an Acme Warrior Pro and I love it. But I slammed it into a tree and bent lots of things. Had to buy a new chassis shock mounts fuel tank was bust, along with a drive shaft so a total rebuild. Ordered the parts rebuilt with no problem apart from setting up the throttle/brake combo. Ruined one servo in the process. I could tell the new servo was struggling too but for the life of me not why.…… Turns out that I had screwed down the throttle and brake rods, at each end of the servo horn so tight they would not pivot thereby stopping the servo from working. Arrrrggghhhh took me three weeks to suss this out!!! 🤬🤬 

EDEA7AAE-974B-4383-BE26-986368B34C14.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Haha, been there done that! Did the same thing to our warrior pro crash-wise, dodgy battery pack, lost control and slammed into a brick wall! Talking of servos though; the throttle/brake servo as supplied lasted a matter of hours before failing. Upgraded to a Futaba and all ok, until the higher torque actually bent the brake rods. Stopping power wasn't great before but now it had gone quite the opposite. Upgraded to stiffer rods and now all ok. Our Warrior Pro was the only nitro buggy we had bought as new. I can see how Acme get unfavourable reviews at times but the upgrades I did have improved it. I can see where they've maybe cut corners quality wise now. Changing the servos to a better quality was well worth it for sure. Happy driving👍😊

• Like 2