• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scx24 exploding charger

Tommyj

Hello all, 

New here. Just got my first rc for about 20 years. Just a little scx24. 

It's great fun, however the charger exploded the second time I used it. 

It looks like this is a common weak point in the kit. Whilst the supplier may well give me a replacement I wanted to ask what is a better option as I don't want the risk of this happening again. 

Please do treat me as a lamen with little to no up to date knowledge on batteries and electronics etc. 

Thanks for your help. 

I like the iMax b6,I've had many different brand adjustable chargers over the years but I've still got the iMax on the bench along side an even cheaper copy one both running well for every type of charging job on the planet.

There's several high end and high cost chargers in my bits bin with various faults that just didn't make the grade long term.

Just be aware that you will need a power supply for many of these types of units,I have used a laptop power supply for little charging jobs such as the axial small 2s packs of I have a large 12v p/s that lives permanently on the bench.

The things to look for are....fixed or adjustable charging current(down to at least 300mah to safely charge your STD battery in your truck)

Lipo balance function for 2s minimum that's the least you will need for your STD set up.

Yoshi