• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

West Midlands/Birmingham/Great Barr

nutsnut

Hi All,

Do I have any locals in here? If so, what do you drive and where?

Hoping to discover some new local spots worth travelling too once lock down restrictions ease.

I'm based in Great Barr - I have 2 x Lunchboxes, 1 x Tamiya M03 Mini, Schumacher Cat K1 aero and a Arrma Mojave 6s.  Most drive/bash around Barr Beacon and Old Great Barr Hall estate,  Interested in some track racing but not many local tracks around.

Me and my mate meet up at Ashmore park on Sunday mornings, normally go early to keep the wife's happy, both run arrma's and a few other 1/8 its a bmx track covered in grass big jumps and a massive field  ,he travels from birmingham we normally have about 3 hours there. Not going at the moment due to lockdown.

Cheers Glen, i've seen Ashmore Park mentioned a few times, so will go check it out as soon as lock down permits. Is ashmore ok for 1/10th Buggys too? or is the grass pretty long?

I've got a few local spots which are handy for a quick bash/exploring,  just looking for a few locals to enjoy the hobby with and a few park races etc.

It all depends wether it's been mowed! it was getting a bit long last time but with it being  park the council keep it clean and tidy through the summer. I started with my 1/10 Ftx carnage over there ,been there a few times and there's been a few of us with different cars. The only clubs I've found for racing are telford model car club and a large outdoor track at Shrewsbury but have never been maybe someone else on here might be able to tell you more.

Was just querying about suitability for 1/10th buggy, it doesn't get used much at the moment with lock down etc.

I'll check out Ashmore as soon as posssible and bring the Arrma Mojave, i'll take my buggy racing once West Midlands RC opens back up.

Cheers

It can get a bit muddy over there when its wet and they haven't mowed it but for 1/10 its not a problem just the cleaning after,we also run a Mojave its good fun on the big field.

Cheers, i'll bring the 1/7th and the 1/10th out for a play then.

The more places to run the better, i'm scouting a few local places out for once lock down ends - Will share if they are any good.

• 4 weeks later...