• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fishing Boat Build?

CarlC

It wont hurt to use a matt varnish to seal the paint but it is certainly worthwhile varnishing the wood parts to seal them stops swelling etc if they get wet

looking good mate  :cheers:

@Stormbringer thanks, the wooden parts have been sealed with a Ronsil external oak stain, and they have been stained an all sides and edges. Will look to seal the hull paint as well.

• Like 1

@Stormbringer Thanks, the plan is to have it ready for its maiden voyage when the local boating club re-opens. I think I will make it, not too much left to do, just lots of fiddly finishing bits. I did manage to get the front mast on and rigged this evening, still need to link them with some rigging.

b15.jpg.d44ce2235c28c4d39faa5a9bf5f7677c.jpg

Well, final detailing has been completed and I think the little fishing boat is finished (well, as finished as any model ever is). The last detailing has been adding nav lights, a life ring, built a windlass and added the anchor. Finally, added a white pinstripe to the hull. Am pretty pleased with the way this has turned out, looking forward to her maiden voyage.

Big thank you to @Stormbringer, your support and advice is greatly appreciated, thank you.

b16.thumb.jpg.c6405359d5d16824cae4016830205a2c.jpg

b17.thumb.jpg.da0dfd7d5a55ae7559fcf9e950215609.jpg

b18.thumb.jpg.64dc209504a45a0a9fa2cd0a29cde23f.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

ohh if its a bit rough and it starts taking water on deck a little bit of grease round the hatch cover works well :good:

Ah good idea, it has some rubberised foam around the hatch, a bit like the rubber used to seal receiver boxes where the servo leads come out (well, on a TRX-4 anyway). A bit white grease on that would definitely help the seal.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...