• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao DC1 Owners

11 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

was that bumper a straight fit ?

ohh with new motor was that high or low gear you use ?

Low gear. It was like a fast walk, high gear was an uncomfortable walking pace/slow jog.

The bumper was a direct fit 👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MrPeaski said:

On a side note, what radios are you guys using?

As i mentioned I was going to mod an existing switch on my Radiolink RC4GS......well that didn't go so well. Managed to cut the aerial cable during the partial re assembly (don't ask!!) so now its FUBAR

Thinking of alternatives, I've got the 6 channel version of the above in mind but(around £80 with 2 receivers) but any worthy alternatives around the same price, considering that if you pick the 'power bundle 2' at Modelsport you get a 3 channel Absima CR3P and 1 receiver

I am going to use my radiolink rc4gs, I do not see why this radio would not work, I use the radio also to shift on a tamiya 3 speed semi truck, you can program the 3 and 4 channel for it.

it is starting to look like something did some building on the chassis and build the shocks, going to skip some steps and do that later, I am waiting for the servo and esc.

50952528558_b22b150a2d_k.jpg

Edited by No brains
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, No brains said:

it is starting to look like something did some building on the chassis and build the shocks, going to ship same step and do that later, I am waiting for the servo and esc.

50952528558_b22b150a2d_k.jpg

That's coming along nicely 👍

7 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

That's coming along nicely 👍

Yes it does, I edit my post, when I read it agian it looked that I was drunk or something😁

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, No brains said:

Lost week it was snow and freezing, this week it looks like it is spring over here, so I take advantage of it and painted the body 

The body is metallic black and the seats ar white, the black has a nice sprarkle in it but in the picture you can not see it maybe later when  I make some pictures in the sun.

50966538936_9a542109a9_k.jpg

Those seats will contrast nicely with the body 👍

I ran mine today, but I was having too much fun to snap any pics this time 😁 The Holmes Hobbies motor has completely transformed it, I can't recommend it enough!

• Like 3

looks like i will be joining you guys/lassies.

just ordered the kit one https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobao-dc1-1-10th-crawler-kit-g-wagon-style/rc-car-products/427474 and dark metallic blue paint, got a 1080 hobbywing esc and only ordered a 540 motor 35 turn as the 550 size motors are a bit out of stock.

should be enough to get it up and running and i found some places to run them when on a walk earlier 🙂

Q4xUZFU.jpg

6IoFFRm.jpg

xZFx4xG.jpg

dang i just noticed something on that last pic, is it a bird? and is that a guy in a ghillie suit just behind....,  weird think ill go back to cycling lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

looks like i will be joining you guys/lassies.

just ordered the kit one https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobao-dc1-1-10th-crawler-kit-g-wagon-style/rc-car-products/427474 and dark metallic blue paint, got a 1080 hobbywing esc and only ordered a 540 motor 35 turn as the 550 size motors are a bit out of stock.

should be enough to get it up and running and i found some places to run them when on a walk earlier 🙂

Q4xUZFU.jpg

6IoFFRm.jpg

xZFx4xG.jpg

dang i just noticed something on that last pic, is it a bird? and is that a guy in a ghillie suit just behind....,  weird think ill go back to cycling lol

Nice one, you won't be disappointed 🙂 The 540 motor will be just fine, if I hadn't got such a good deal on the HH motor I'd have happily carried on running the Dynamite 540 can.

Looking forward to seeing yours up and running 👍

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, No brains said:

Program the shift servo on my radiolink 4 channel radio, it work like a charm there is a push button that u can use with the 3 and 4 channel.

I realise now that I was modifying my RC4GS for no reason. Had I actually READ the manual, or had a faff with the settings I'd have found out that the push button can be set to momentary (stock) or position1/position2 with each press. DOH!

Oh well, I'll update to the RC6GS when I finally get to order

Coming along nicely there dude

• Haha 3

When things start to come together, instead of doing a full build thread like @Stormbringer and @everclear1984 have done, I'll post changes or differences to their builds.

I've got a couple of things I want to try with the paint scheme so I'll put them in too.

I always knew I'd get one so prematurely I ordered some alloy beadlocks from Ebay and tyres that @Stormbringer linked to earlier in this thread. I'll post them when it comes to it in the build schedule.

Can't wait now, and I feel like a kid in anticipation of Christmas 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrPeaski said:

When things start to come together, instead of doing a full build thread like @Stormbringer and @everclear1984 have done, I'll post changes or differences to their builds.

I've got a couple of things I want to try with the paint scheme so I'll put them in too.

I always knew I'd get one so prematurely I ordered some alloy beadlocks from Ebay and tyres that @Stormbringer linked to earlier in this thread. I'll post them when it comes to it in the build schedule.

Can't wait now, and I feel like a kid in anticipation of Christmas 🤣

Looking forward to seeing it come together 👍

• Like 1

got mine on monday a day early woot and got to work last evening and this afternoon untill a wee while ago, seems a pretty awesome kit to build and it is my first crawler so a bit of a learning experience as well, which is part of the reason i wanted a kit for my first big crawler, when something goes wrong ill know how it goes together 🙂

any one want a pic overload?

first steps

sJN9Xt1.jpg

1dgmYoX.jpg

let there be motor

Ug92eg5.jpg

starting to look like a chassis

YgpX9OO.jpg

8HzQl9Z.jpg

screw they alloy rods on front and back i had to switch places with 2

FFETDBn.jpg

it is starting to resemble something

7K5mVd6.jpg

had my end bits on the end of all the drive shafts at the wrong angle for when it came to fit the shocks lol

5gsOLUx.jpg

ohoh shock time i hate building shocks, thankfully dad knew what bit to file down to make them slide up and down a lot smoother

1IElivC.jpg

then i found out the fun bit because i miss aligned the angle on my drive shaft bits i had to do some dismantling to get the shocks to align lol

s4ETkET.jpg

and now it resembles a truck, muddy wheels because im waiting on bead locks and dad had his old tyres/wheels all ready glued

OxTaf8x.jpg

behold the glory

Vjo0Plu.jpg

dad gave me some red alloy thingies

zbW0der.jpg

still got a surprising amount of grease left over, im used to tamiya kits that hardly have any, any ways i need to start sorting out my leccys for it and spray the body, has been a enjoyable build so far and i have more knowledge than before i started, also had a laugh with dad tonight who kept spinning his pc chair around as a back seat builder, some was useful some not so much lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1