• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao DC1 Owners

On 28/09/2021 at 09:12, Jack Reacher said:

So in response to me moving the battery tray to rear of chassis and a couple of you suggesting move it back to stock position i propose a compromise....................................i have ordered a second battery tray, to mount in the stock position so i will be able to run single battery in either place or even better twin lipo so 10400mah should give all day run time. Just waiting for new one to arrive 

Been watching a few videos on the DC1 out crawling and to me they look to have a fair bit of weight at the back, due to the shell.

I think I'll be mid mounting the battery and looking for a poly shell thats a little bit lower, to lower the c of g a touch

7 hours ago, m33bhardwaj said:

When I connect my led roof bar to the light system I have, upon accelerating the light dims and fluctuates. Is this normal?

Or  do I need a better esc?

I currently run the absima 1060 to esc. The roof bar is connected to the lighting system for the truck which powers the front and rear lights.

Im running the 1080 esc and sometimes under load the light bar can dim slightly and im running my light bar of a spare channel through a switch i can off/on it via the transmitter 

43 minutes ago, Dag said:

Been watching a few videos on the DC1 out crawling and to me they look to have a fair bit of weight at the back, due to the shell.

I think I'll be mid mounting the battery and looking for a poly shell thats a little bit lower, to lower the c of g a touch

Its actually fairly nose heavy but i do use the mid position for the battery as its about 1cm lower than in the rear anything to keep the COG as low as i can 

Enjoy the build mate its a pretty good 1 and if your stuck theres answers in this thread :good:

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

Its actually fairly nose heavy but i do use the mid position for the battery as its about 1cm lower than in the rear anything to keep the COG as low as i can 

Enjoy the build mate its a pretty good 1 and if your stuck theres answers in this thread :good:

Not built a kit for about 15 years, but really looking forward to this.

have a read through the build threads mate it lets you know how to sort the shocks out 

for wheels i would go for metal bead locks ohh and weight them as well and if you run the stock wheels tyres weight them up as well :good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 31/12/2020 at 13:52, everclear1984 said:

Here's my kit build. Upgrades so far include 4 link front suspension kit with servo on axle, winch, light bar, aluminium beadlocks with Super Swamper knockoffs, dual stroke shock springs and the biggest "performance" upgrade of them all.... Master Cheif driver!

IMG20201212133101IMG_20201224_144253_596IMG20201228184556

Sorry to drag this up, but I see from this post, you fitted the dual stroke springs to your DC1. Did these speings make much difference and in what way?

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

so long as they are 12mm hex then they should fit

Thanks

Just looking to try some other tyre options and seen a set of scx10 wheels and tyres for sale.

23 hours ago, Dag said:

Sorry to drag this up, but I see from this post, you fitted the dual stroke springs to your DC1. Did these speings make much difference and in what way?

Thanks

If I'm honest, I don't know. I fitted them quite early on so the stock spring didn't really get a chance. Same with 4 link kit.

5 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

If I'm honest, I don't know. I fitted them quite early on so the stock spring didn't really get a chance. Same with 4 link kit.

Thanks.

I reckon I'll try a lighter weight oil in the shocks first. On a search, the lightest oil from Hobao is 30 weight. I've found some 15 so will give that a go with the standard shocks.

I'll then look at opening up the flow on the dampers.

After reading this whole thread yesterday, it does seem the issue is stiff damping rather than springs. But we'll see.

Cheers

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Does the weight make much difference?

each lipo adds 247g but it would of had one anyway the extra tray and parallel adaptor adds about 25g more and i also have option to just run one single in either tray so i say win win

47 minutes ago, Shergar said:

So 100g ish more than a single biggest NIMH - I dare say it’s more than happy with it. Looks very neat too.

https://www.overlander.co.uk/nimh-batteries/subc-5000mah-7-2v-premium-sport-nimh-battery-deans.html

it will be fine with it, funny thing i really prefer to run my crawlers with NI-MH packs but for some reason i felt Lipo was how i wanted to run this truck, i could always move the jumper and run twin NI-MH packs

• Like 1

Just a couple of observations on the kit after getting this far.

The differing bolt sizes need to be carefully scrutinised. A vernier caliper is a handy tool to have in this respect.

Even using a quality hex driver set, I feel I do need a small powered driver now. Can anyone recommend one?

• Like 1