• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New car, but which one?

jjh23

Hi guys

not really been on here a great deal since lock down 1, when I was always on ha ha

anyway, so I could do with another car but I don’t know weather to get another of which we already have or something different?

we already have

trx4 defender

trx4 bronco

trx4 sport

element rc ( builders kit)

scx10ii honcho

scx10ii (builders kit)

Ftx outback

out of the ones we already have I’d probably go with another element, I really like how smooth they are to use, maybe even the gate keeper.

what would you buy and why?

my only real preference/want is that I kinda like to be able to get spares fairly easily and in the UK.

GMade GS02F Buffalo, Absima 3.4 Sherpa. 

I'll be ordering a Buffalo - mainly because i haven't dealt with GMade yet, curious as to what it's like, and it looks pretty nice. SCX10.3 would be another option. 

• Like 1

Ah yep not looked at gmade yet,

also I will say, out of the cars we have, the Scx10ii’s are my least favourite,  BUT having said that I really liked the look of the unimog and I think if they realease it with the portal axles one will be coming my way ha ha

7 minutes ago, jjh23 said:

Ah yep not looked at gmade yet,

also I will say, out of the cars we have, the Scx10ii’s are my least favourite,  BUT having said that I really liked the look of the unimog and I think if they realease it with the portal axles one will be coming my way ha ha

Not a fan of the SCX10.3 either, not sure why - just didn't click with me. 

The Sherpa is good value for money (it's basically a TRX4, same features, Jeep shell), i really like the Buffalo but of course that's down to preference. 

If you want a Unimog.. There's another option, since you have a few TRXs. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000588388143.html?srcSns=sns_Copy&spreadType=socialShare&bizType=ProductDetail&tt=MG&aff_platform=default&sk=_mtRfa17&mergeHashcode=22859169984&description=US+%24159.99+|+RC+Replacement+324mm+Wheelbase+Body+Shell+for+TRX4+SCX10&aff_trace_key=89b2f412a2154450ace7294944d04a92-1607297318674-01605-_mtRfa17&businessType=ProductDetail&title=US+%24159.99+|+RC+Replacement+324mm+Wheelbase+Body+Shell+for+TRX4+SCX10&platform=AE&terminal_id=3f3bcf0b6ab04afe9a6b71bc10d4637b&templateKey=white_backgroup_101

Sorry for the huge link, no idea how to shorten it. It's this:

image.thumb.png.9c0efc4119db770359100f0ae008aa5b.png

image.thumb.png.3b69b085642cd7fa5bf187c263cf4f05.png

image.png.fbb3675aedf7555ccbffd00798b0aad8.png

Hardbody for the TRX4. If i still had mine, i'd have bought it long ago - looks so much better than the Axial shell, and due to portals on the TRX.. I mean.. Match made in heaven. Just love this shell. And it's the correct model year as well, unlike the Axial shell. At least to me. 

Edited by m4inbrain

Mmm, I quite like that unimog body, are they strong and hold up well?

regardless I still need another rig soon 

I did watch a scale builders guild video on the buffalo too, looks good, may look into that one a bit more, 

I also didn’t realise the scx10iii’s come with high/low speed as well as DIG transmission until earlier

jack, that’s not all of our cars,  just the crawlers,  6 kids and a wife that likes crawlers = lots of cars lol,

she wants a trx6 next for herself, although she has 0 interest in the bashers 

I also am going to buy a 1/5 petrol in the summer,  used to love my losi 5t a few years back

I'd fancy a TRX6 as well, love the looks. Almost £800 is taking the pees though. 

That's close to what i paid all in all for my SSD Trail King - including a top spec hand wound Holmes motor, hard shell etc. 

Speaking of, i'm not sure if it's still available - but the Trail King certainly is a nice kit to build.

• 3 years later...

It sounds like you've got quite a collection of rides already! If you're digging the smooth vibes of the Element RC, maybe sticking with another one would be the move. Plus, having easy access to spares in the UK is a clutch for keeping the fun going without any hassles.When I needed to move some wheels to another state, I checked out A1 Auto Transport for a quote. They hooked it up with enclosed shipping, keeping everything safe and sound. Check 'em out if you're ever in need: https://www.a1autotransport.com/enclosed/

Edited by The_Rainbow

Have you looked at the Crossrc range?

I really like the look of those and like RCs in kit form.

Bit pricey but the specs are good. 

10 hours ago, The_Rainbow said:

It sounds like you've got quite a collection of rides already! If you're digging the smooth vibes of the Element RC, maybe sticking with another one would be the move. Plus, having easy access to spares in the UK is a clutch for keeping the fun going without any hassles.When I needed to move some wheels to another state, I checked out A1 Auto Transport for a quote. They hooked it up with enclosed shipping, keeping everything safe and sound. Check 'em out if you're ever in need: https://www.a1autotransport.com/enclosed/

Why bring up an old thread....other than to paste a commercial link?

• Like 2