• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho Mini-Z RWD Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 W-MM/KT531P

TrinityUTT

Evening all

I just bought a Kyosho Mini-Z RWD Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

It's my 1st 1/28. I absolutely love it.

But are there any mods or upgrades I could do.

I'm only racing at home at the moment but love to upgrade them.

Also where can you buy treaded tyres for them in the UK?

Do you buy the tyre and to the separate and glue them?

Thanks

6c4ca02145ba2f294d9e1d02f262f4a1.jpge9412c876081553cc2bea808d92d05e6.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrinityUTT said:

Evening all

I just bought a Kyosho Mini-Z RWD Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

It's my 1st 1/28. I absolutely love it.

But are there any mods or upgrades I could do.

I'm only racing at home at the moment but love to upgrade them.

Also where can you buy treaded tyres for them in the UK?

Do you buy the tyre and to the separate and glue them?

Thanks

6c4ca02145ba2f294d9e1d02f262f4a1.jpge9412c876081553cc2bea808d92d05e6.jpg

Hi a expert might come along and tell you something different  but from what i have seen tyres just push on   model sport and wheelspin sell tyres  but be careful of how wide you want them.  as for upgrades it's a money pit.  lol  I have owned a AWD for a couple of weeks now  and getting parts is a mine field.    The mini Z has been out for about 20 years  but in the UK it's not caught on so you really have to look outside the UK for parts.  Also be warned the shells are sold in a nice plastic case  which means people are asking silly prices.  If i wanted to use a bit longer wheel base shell it is going to cost me around £70 that's without the price of the shell.

On 20/12/2020 at 11:53, TrinityUTT said:

Thanks@turok007
I am certainly finding it difficult to find anything in the UK.
Someone suggested Banggood but I have never shopped on that site and it just looks dodgey.

This place has a lot of parts  

https://www.rc-pbm.com.fr/catalog/index.php?osCsid=jvnvtm72p06j9aj1v2tp4konk3

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately there hasn't been a mini-z shop in the UK for some years now. Your best bet for parts is https://www.kenonhobby.com/  although in USA they will have the largest stock of parts available anywhere you are likely to go.

If you have issues with tyres coming off, you can buy tyre tape, very thin double sided tape.

Edited by Jayce

On 20/12/2020 at 01:12, turok007 said:

Hi a expert might come along and tell you something different  but from what i have seen tyres just push on   model sport and wheelspin sell tyres  but be careful of how wide you want them.  as for upgrades it's a money pit.  lol  I have owned a AWD for a couple of weeks now  and getting parts is a mine field.    The mini Z has been out for about 20 years  but in the UK it's not caught on so you really have to look outside the UK for parts.  Also be warned the shells are sold in a nice plastic case  which means people are asking silly prices.  If i wanted to use a bit longer wheel base shell it is going to cost me around £70 that's without the price of the shell.

The AWD standard can use 90 or 94mm wheel base shells, and an extender kit to make it 98mm will not cost you £70

https://www.kenonhobby.com/Kyosho-Mini-Z-Wheelbase-Extension-BlockLL98mmMA-020_p_46697.html

Edited by Jayce