• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Granite steering issues

Tuggy

45 minutes ago, Tuggy said:

I bought it from Wireless Madness (UK). I have cleaned it out and it seems to be working now. I think it was possibly grit or muck stuck in the steering. I’ll keep an eye on it and see how it goes 

Yes, grit getting in there can be a problem. I tend to use mine on grass if l can.

• Like 1

You will get stones lodged in the quite often. It’s a trait of the short course being so open to the wheels.
Flat piece of plastic cut to shape and Velcro on as a cover over the steering is easy.
9c7141fdf64e64d39366f3a1b5e77804.jpgOr you can now buy Senton mudguard sets from scorched parts rc.
As in pic below. They make a world of difference when smashing through mud and gravel as I do.

Bash, Break, Build, Repeat...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ollykamakazi said:

You will get stones lodged in the quite often. It’s a trait of the short course being so open to the wheels.
Flat piece of plastic cut to shape and Velcro on as a cover over the steering is easy.
9c7141fdf64e64d39366f3a1b5e77804.jpgOr you can now buy Senton mudguard sets from scorched parts rc.
As in pic below. They make a world of difference when smashing through mud and gravel as I do.

Thanks Olly, much appreciated. I am completely new to this so the learning curve is massive. 

Thanks Olly, much appreciated. I am completely new to this so the learning curve is massive. 

That’s ok. Best to get out there. Send it. Break the odd bit if unlucky ( blx are pretty tough )
Fix as required. They seem scary at first but they aren’t as frightening as the exploded plans make you think.
Hers a pic of what mine normally looks like after a bash.
Only got mudguards this week. 111d309d48b8adf3aa8e49c68ab74ed1.jpg

• Haha 3

Hi guys. Back with the same problem again. I took it for a run tonight and the steering wouldn’t work at all at one point. Then it kicked back in but it was slow to turn in one direction like it had been before. I took it home and removed the servo but the cog isn’t moving at all. This means it’s definitely the servo yeah? I have raised a warranty claim and also ordered two spare ones.
On the off chance it isn’t the servo how do I get into the steering to see if there is any grit/stones etc? Excuse my ignorance - like I say I am a novice and learning massively as I go. All help is greatly appreciated

Try this if you’re removing it

Also just looking from underneath or the front you can see if there are stones in there holding the steering. It’s only every now and then a stone lodged in there and stops the steering and It’s more the steering rods and arm that may get a stone under them but you can see it usually.

• Like 1

Thanks Olly. Yeah I couldn’t see anything in the steering. I wondered if I should be removing anything to check in the steering but that’s cool. I managed to get the servo out and like I say it’s not moving at all, so yeah must be that. Thanks again for your help. Now got fingers crossed new servo arrives before Xmas 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hey, i have a Problem, i got my arrma senton yesterday and im pretty happy with it. BUT my servo just started not working well, when i turn it to the left side everything is fine but when i turn it the right side it jerks a bit, and i just wanted to ask what should i do. Maybe theres a stone in there or something, should i screw it off or maybe is it broken?

when im home i can add a video.

thank you guys in advance

1 minute ago, Simon33 said:

Hey, i have a Problem, i got my arrma senton yesterday and im pretty happy with it. BUT my servo just started not working well, when i turn it to the left side everything is fine but when i turn it the right side it jerks a bit, and i just wanted to ask what should i do. Maybe theres a stone in there or something, should i screw it off or maybe is it broken?

when im home i can add a video.

thank you guys in advance

Ehm i maybe have to add its the arrma senton 3s BLX v3, sorry