• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC Drift for a beginner?

nareik72

Hi, me and a friend are interested in getting into some basic drifting for fun. 

Although not strictly based on drift chassis, the simplicity of the shaft driven banzai/strada DC appeals to my friend. Are they a decent enough platform to have some fun in a car park? He has also seen the flying fish from hsp, which, although has a bad reputation,  appears to be near identical to the strada DC, does anybody know if it's a clone? Also for hop ups/cosmetic changes, which would be better in the long run?

I personally have access to a mission D by hobbyking. I believe it's a clone of the yokomo DRB? Are parts available? Or is it best to pick up a cheap doner car for parts?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Oh yes I forgot to mention the tamiya. A fair amount more expensive, is it worth the extra? Also are there any key differences between the tt01 and the tt02 drift chassis?

yeah they improved bits narek i know they upgraded the prop shaft on the 02 as the standard 01 was part so it needed the alloy hopup also fitting lipos is easier in the 02 and am sure they sorted the steering out better on the 02 as the the 01 was pants lol

thing i like about the tams is just add drift wheels or those pvc ebay ones and your off and running even on a stock 27turn motor :)

i got rid of my 01 years ago now it was all TTs and sprint 2s back then alot more advanced chassis out there now but for kerb hits in dont think you can beat the TTs they really are built like a tank 👍

there was a nice rally TT02  in the sales i seen cheap scooby think it just sold though :(

Thanks again for the info, it looks like the tt02 is the way to go.

Unfortunately virtually all the tt02 D chassis are out of stock. So would a standard tt02 with esc, plus the bearing kit, a decent servo, drift wheels and paint etc, totalling around £190 be a good deal? The only thing missing would be oil shocks I believe, but they would be added in future.

Or is it worth finding a tt02D in stock. Since it has the sport tuned motor, bearings and oil shocks as standard? End price would be probably be similar once a servo, esc and paint has been included