• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ftx charging battery question?

Bones74

Hi. This might seem like a stupid question but I'm a little confused. I bought a new ftx out back tundra. It comes with a wall charger. When i plugged the battery into the charger before i plugged into the wall the light on plug turns green.

When in plugged it into wall it turned red for a few seconds then went green.

When i disconnected battery out from plug charger and leave the plug into the wall the light remains green.

I thought that most battery's would have no charge when new. Does the green light mean the battery's fully charged?  Is normal for batterys to be charged when new? 

Thanks for any information.

On 17/12/2020 at 12:22, Bones74 said:

When i plugged the battery into the charger before i plugged into the wall the light on plug turns green.

When in plugged it into wall it turned red for a few seconds then went green.

When i disconnected battery out from plug charger and leave the plug into the wall the light remains green.

I thought that most battery's would have no charge when new. Does the green light mean the battery's fully charged?  Is normal for batterys to be charged when new? 

Thanks for any information.

What does the manual say?

Some chargers specifically say to plug them into the wall first, then plug in the battery.

Otherwise you literally see behaviour what you described.

As a rule of thumb, never ever plug the battery first. At least I have never seen a manual that says to do so.

It doesn't make any sense either to do so as the battery can be empty or faulty.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have and FTX car charging question as well! I have a Truggy (1/16 scale) RC car and the manual says to plug in and I should see a solid Green LED and a solid Green LED, but all I get is a solid red LED (no green LED at all). If I disconnect the battery then there is no red LED. If the battery is fully charged, the red and green LEDs should be solid. I am slightly confused!

• 2 months later...
On 28/12/2021 at 11:03, Gareth1 said:

Hi,

I have and FTX car charging question as well! I have a Truggy (1/16 scale) RC car and the manual says to plug in and I should see a solid Green LED and a solid Green LED, but all I get is a solid red LED (no green LED at all). If I disconnect the battery then there is no red LED. If the battery is fully charged, the red and green LEDs should be solid. I am slightly confused!

I have this same issue, did you ever get to the bottom of it?