• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Blackfoot 2016 build thread

Lone-wolf

Not much progress but do have the 13kg MG digital servo fitted and centred, with servo saver and steering rods done, fitted XT60 to esc seems Tamiya suggest 2 different places to fit ESC, on side of servo or higher up, im thinking higher up out of way of water

DSCN0342.JPG

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

its coming on tho Jack and looking good so far :thumbsup:

what about a hobbywing 1060 brushed esc its waterproof so doesnt need protected from water

I kinda like the stock tamiya one and it can be made waterproof with conformal liquid

Gotta say i am really enjoying this build, i was tempted to build out of page sequence like skip to the body then drop back but sticking to the plans and enjoying it.

Seems a well designed kit, does not have the vile play on the steering like some tamiya kits (cc01)

I may consider the yellow bus or the Dynahead next, but not right away, or maybe a lunchbox

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Gotta say i am really enjoying this build, i was tempted to build out of page sequence like skip to the body then drop back but sticking to the plans and enjoying it.

Seems a well designed kit, does not have the vile play on the steering like some tamiya kits (cc01)

I may consider the yellow bus or the Dynahead next, but not right away, or maybe a lunchbox

Yeah I don’t know what it is but there’s something about building Tamiya kits that makes them just that extra bit special .........and addictive 

• Like 1