• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

6v Hump pack

Scotty97

I’m looking to try a 6v hump pack on my hyper 7s and Hyper ST.

just wondering, if I buy a hump pack with the two leads on, can I leave one connected to switch all the time and charge through the other lead??

or do I need to disconnect it from car every time I want to charge it??

my concern is unplugging it all the time could cause the springs to go in the contacts, this happened to me on one of my hypers causing a dodgy connection of the 4 AA battery pack and the buggy ending upside down in the river 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I've got a 2 lead hump pack. I've cable tied the feed from the switch to the battery box so it's far too fiddly to get it out. I charge using the 2nd lead.
Which reminds.me it could probably do with a top up charge [emoji106]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Pretty sure this is the one I got.
https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=387990

This includes a quick charger. There's another option for a couple of quid cheaper that doesn't fast charge. But for the extra you may as well go for quick one.
Even states in the description that you can charge without having to remove it. Although you do have to replace your existing switch with the one they supply with it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk