• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Need a machinist or strong 3D printer maybe?

Oh How Original

So I have one of these really strong servo holders for servo on axle steering set ups.

It's much better than the stock Axial gubbins.

But I want another couple making, I've no idea where I bought this one from, and wondered if anyone could machine a couple for me, or even if 3D printing would be strong enough, then perhaps a couple of 3D printed ones?

I've had a look around, granted not extensively, but not found the same one again.

t5Qjzsf.jpg

Ux3w6FS.jpg 

I tried making a 3d printed one using PETG and it was ok, it was pretty chunky and with a weakish servo there was movement. This might be because how I made it but if you want the same profile as above I'd say 3d printing is a no go even with stronger material. 

It would be very easy to machine one, potentially get it drawn up and get some quotes. 

With an engineer's eye that's a very easy part to make either machined on a CNC or manually, any little machine shop (or even a college with an engineering department) could knock it out in about an hour (roughly) but if you can get hold of a small bit of angled alloy you could do one at home with basic tooling (but it'll take a bit longer).

Unfortunately due to work loads where I work I can't offer my services (pre Christmas break/ new year rush)

Dan fella just type in servo holder or similar on eBay loads pop up, there anywhere from a couple of quid to silly money 😂😂

Pretty sure this is the one you have 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361688272979

Edited by mydoddy69
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Dan fella just type in servo holder or similar on eBay loads pop up, there anywhere from a couple of quid to silly money 😂😂

Pretty sure this is the one you have 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361688272979

I knew someone would come along and be able to find them.

I couldn't, for whatever reason, when I was searching for the same stuff I was getting carbon fibre things for helis and such.

I don't know what is wrong with my eBay, it's been weird for searches.

So, I search for 'Axial' and get about 500 results mostly spares with 3 or 4 RTRs.

I type in 'SCX10' and it comes up with tens of thousands :lol: 

• Haha 1