• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

m4inbrains Kraton EXB

9 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

So, here goes then.

First, pictures.

PQVtSEN.jpg

gEhsbW7.jpg?1

It's a very snug fit, took me a few swear words and cursing to get everything somewhat in place. Not entirely happy yet, a few things are simply too short - like the sensor cable for the motor, that's the only way it'll fit. Already ordered a longer one that i then can route out of the way, but for now, that's how it looks.

48PqjBE.jpg

Servo. That thing is absolutely lethal. Very quiet, stupid fast. Like, actually stupid fast. Same anodizing as the rest of the truck, so looks  spot on. very happy with that part.

WG4obJM.jpg

The POS rear bumper. POS being the company name (i know). Quality part, looks good and feels incredibly strong. Doubles as a skid plate on the bottom. Again: very happy with fitment/looks. 

dKh4qhw.jpg

M-Line centre guard and mudguards. Hassle to mount (driveshaft/centre diff has to come out), but once in there, i never want to drive anything without that level of dirt protection anymore. It's brilliant. 

And, that's for now where i am, got to wait on bits and bobs. I did have a test drive yesterday, turns out i'm pretty stupid and forgot that i'm working with a sensored system, not the usual Max6 stuff. After connecting everything, the throttle was reversed. I thought "no problem, reverse the channel, sorted". Did that, give it a go, thought it was kinda slow - and then tried braking, which the truck responded to with a 3/4 front flip, landing on the roof and skidding 15 yards across the concrete. Hence, shell is already christened and i don't need to worry about scratching it anymore. 

Here's the problem. You can't reverse the throttle channel with a sensored system - nor can you switch two motor wires around (usual fix), since they have designated slots. So what happened yesterday was that i was driving it in reverse down the road (well the truck went forward, you know what i mean) - and when i tried "braking", i instead gave full throttle. And i did that twice because i'm an idiot and didn't realise in the spur of the moment that i actually didn't have a brake, but immediately spun the wheels the other way around. 

Didn't grenade a diff though, so that's great. :D

It's a learning process, i guess. 

Looks spot on, great attention to detail, it’s going to be a beast.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

After driving the truck forwards, i feel like i've built a weapon. 

This is severely fast. The bad kind. Half throttle at 10-15mph = wheelies - didn't go anywhere near full throttle yet. Half is the most it manages at low-speeds, otherwise backflip. 

Exactly what i was aiming for. :D

glad to hear it was what you wanted, i was going to suggest lowering the punch setting.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

glad to hear it was what you wanted, i was going to suggest lowering the punch setting.

Nah, the entire point of the exercise was to have something that i'm too scared to drive all out. The X-Maxx is a great fun basher, but also very.. easy to drive. It inspires confidence, you can have your lad drive it. 

The EXB, not so much. :D

Bit like riding a stick of dynamite. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/12/2020 at 13:16, m4inbrain said:

M-Line centre guard and mudguards. Hassle to mount (driveshaft/centre diff has to come out), but once in there, i never want to drive anything without that level of dirt protection anymore. It's brilliant. 

Got the links/part number for this?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Shipping is on the steep side €17 nearly fell of the chair 👍😂

Well, there's that. I didn't pay that, forgot about it lol. 

Had it sent to my dad domestically, and he put it in my monthly "care package" i receive from germany. 

Well.. Wasn't asked about price, just where to get it. :P

45 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Well, there's that. I didn't pay that, forgot about it lol. 

Had it sent to my dad domestically, and he put it in my monthly "care package" i receive from germany. 

Well.. Wasn't asked about price, just where to get it. :P

Lol wish I’d of known that before making an order 😂

Nice shop that thanks for the heads up 👍

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Lol wish I’d of known that before making an order 😂

Nice shop that thanks for the heads up 👍

No worries, it is indeed a decent shop with some rare parts. Haven't seen those guards/centre anywhere else. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Jambo.26 said:

Is that the castle 1717 combo? Where did you get yours from? Does the uk sell theses. As I’m struggling to find a uk supplier for the combo? 

Yes it is, and no, can't find it in the UK. Ordered from Amain in the US. 👍

10 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Yes it is, and no, can't find it in the UK. Ordered from Amain in the US. 👍

I was looking in there. Got abit put off with the extra fees, taxes and broker fees that could be added. 
how much was added to yours when you bought it? 
also what size pinion you running with the castle set up? 

thanks 

43 minutes ago, Jambo.26 said:

I was looking in there. Got abit put off with the extra fees, taxes and broker fees that could be added. 
how much was added to yours when you bought it? 
also what size pinion you running with the castle set up? 

thanks 

Got lucky, made it through customs with no extra fees. Paid around £285 altogether. 

Currently running 18t, new combo and no experience with it, gotta start slow. Already have a 22t lying here though.