• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

can someone help me please????

lazkopat

I took out my Kyosho Rampage truck yesterday, turned the transmitter on plugged in the lipo, it started to run away.

I tried to get it working this evening but it did the same thing. it spins on full throttle when it should just stay in neutral, I had a look at the receiver and there's no solid led or sign of life when the lipo is plugged in. 

behaviour like this does it indicate there there's a shortage somewhere as the the truck wheels just spin constantly even when the on/off switch is off?

Have you tried all the usual, unplug all cables and re fit?, might be worth rebinding the Tx/rx too,  are any of the settings on the TX out?

• Like 1

same adivce as AG really defo check tx settings make sure its not on full forward of somethings been knocked/move usually where the esc looks duff it wont move at all so sounds like somethings putting it on full forward 

check over all wires make sure there not broke or tore strange its doing with switch off too :( i usually remove the on/off buttons on mine 

• Like 1

When the switch is set to off the motor does start to spin, now the switch does turn the esc on and off as it has a blinking led to it. I reckon the throttle for esc is toast although the steering works perfectly fine.

Any cheap 2s capable lipo ESC suggestions as this truck does sprint on 2s lipo being it rear wheel drive too?

15 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

Hobbywing 1060bl, cheap, easy to use and very popular, I run mine with both 3s and 2 s or if it’s brushed just the 1060, uk stock too

thanks, would a brushless setup on 2s lipo be compatible with my stock  brushed Kyosho motor?

Edited by lazkopat

Just now, lazkopat said:

thanks, would a brushless setup on 2s lipo be compatible with my stock  brushed Kyosho motor?

Do you know if it’s a brushless or brushed motor in the truck currently, do you have a link to the model or specs?

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-quicrun-1060-brushed-waterproof-esc-sbec/rc-car-products/404964?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5Nng97Kq7QIVz4BQBh357giYEAAYAiAAEgJYa_D_BwE

This is the one I would recommend, you will need to know the battery comet or you have, you can change it or model sport will do it if you let them know (for a charge), 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-quicrun-1060-brushed-waterproof-esc-sbec/rc-car-products/404964?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5Nng97Kq7QIVz4BQBh357giYEAAYAiAAEgJYa_D_BwE

This is the one I would recommend, you will need to know the battery comet or you have, you can change it or model sport will do it if you let them know (for a charge), 

thanks my man, looks good plus its water proof :D i will solder my deans on to it 😉

14 minutes ago, lazkopat said:

thanks my man, looks good plus its water proof :D i will solder my deans on to it 😉

No problem, I run the brushless version, it’s really good. 👍

• Like 1