• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scalextric

Ag100

Liking that alot! 👍

There used to be this place near me called bolwextric. Nice size track in a little barn with quite a few lanes for racing parties. Used to love going there when I was a youngster.

bolwextric.jpg.38dc0fbe299bb8a980c243c5a6c07651.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, James RC said:

Liking that alot! 👍

There used to be this place near me called bolwextric. Nice size track in a little barn with quite a few lanes for racing parties. Used to love going there when I was a youngster.

bolwextric.jpg.38dc0fbe299bb8a980c243c5a6c07651.jpg

Looks good, we used to have a set when I was a kid, but until now haven’t given it much thought, but got given a set, so bought a few extra bits of track from eBay (loads of used on there) kids seem to like it (3 & 7).

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

Looks good, we used to have a set when I was a kid, but until now haven’t given it much thought, but got given a set, so bought a few extra bits of track from eBay (loads of used on there) kids seem to like it (3 & 7).

Yeah man, it was always a good laugh there. Come to think of it, the owner (Tony Bolwell I believe) also had a 1/8th scale offroad track just a couple miles down the road from the Scalextric. That was where I first learnt how to drive my nitro cars properly, aha.

Anyway sorry for getting a bit off topic there. Do you have plans to extend your track? Especially if the bits are easy to source on Ebay, I see you still have a bit more space up there for longer straights 😉

Edited by James RC
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, James RC said:

Yeah man, it was always a good laugh there. Come to think of it, the owner (Tony Bolwell I believe) also had a 1/8th scale offroad track just a couple miles down the road from the Scalextric. That was where I first learnt how to drive my nitro cars properly, aha.

Anyway sorry for getting a bit off topic there. Do you have plans to extend your track? Especially if the bits are easy to source on Ebay, I see you still have a bit more space up there for longer straights 😉

It’s a rabbit hole I don’t want to go down, it’s about  4 1/2 meters at the moment, the length of the loft is 12meters, so plenty of space😀, but RC’s are bad enough!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monski said:

It's great to see some Scalextric fans out there!

I've got loads of track and I just love building complicated layouts. I build one every Christmas as most of the time I prefer RC. I had to keep this one as a Sport track as trying to work out which lane is which was a nightmare for supplying enough power to get the cars to go all the way round on a digital track. Sport is quicker than digital anyway!

Scalextric.jpg

Wow, that’s a great set up, I don’t have any of the bridge supports to do that, I darent start looking at them, as I’m liable to start buying more stuff I don’t need!😀